Typical City...No, the good way

I wasn't going to go into this in the forum but, well Our club needs to have the good things it does behind the scenes and purposefully doesn't use it for PR. This is my Story, you fuckers think 2020 has been bad.

on the 9th Feb 2019 a month after his 15th birthday My son was admitted to Stepping Hill Via Ambulance with acute abdominal pain a temp of 47 degrees. We got transferred to the Royal Manchester Children's hospital within a week and He didn't get discharged till August, minus his Pancreas and Gall Bladder.

leading up to his discharge the team looking after him confided in me that none of the team expected my lad to leave alive.

Whilst very ill in hospital I chanced my arm at getting a player at city to send him a get well message hoping to raise his spirits. He never got the message from a player but a lady from supporter services had seen my tweet and wondered if she could have permission to send him some merchandise to cheer him up, she said they work with the kids hospital and what ward he is on and could they have permission to drop stuff off and also her manager had been following and wanted permission to email me.

He asked how he was doing what was up with him and took a real interest, he asked me to keep tweeting about his progress and wished us all the best, it made it the proper personal touch.

The day after, after training they got Pep to sign a T-shirt and sent mugs keyrings and a signed photo of Kun and bits and bobs over to the hospital for him. It was brilliant for the lad, he hadn't known about me hitting City

They emailed me for an update and he had had a few home leaves, when I told they said great stuff, hows he fixed for being a mascot at the Cardiff game next week, He said whack my morphine up dad, I'm going to that...and he did.

NOT once have they asked to use images or took credit for making a poorly lads dream come true. He got a pre match stadium tour with 3 extra tickets for family and got to walk out on gods garden with his fave player. (Leroy)

They were absolutely fantastic and not once did it feel automated. If anyone from the City At Home Team are reading this...THANKYOU, you really made a poorly boy very very happy!
Fantastic post mate, truly glad your lad is on the up and up, as you’ve said we support a brilliant club, all the best for the future.

I must have got a bit of grit in my eye reading through this lovely post.
Well done to all involved,particularly your family and the even bigger family that everybody on this forum is a part of.
MANCHESTER CITY FOOTBALL CLUB and all our fans.

I wasn't going to go into this in the forum but, well Our club needs to have the good things it does behind the scenes and purposefully doesn't use it for PR. This is my Story, you fuckers think 2020 has been bad.

on the 9th Feb 2019 a month after his 15th birthday My son was admitted to Stepping Hill Via Ambulance with acute abdominal pain a temp of 47 degrees. We got transferred to the Royal Manchester Children's hospital within a week and He didn't get discharged till August, minus his Pancreas and Gall Bladder.

leading up to his discharge the team looking after him confided in me that none of the team expected my lad to leave alive.

Whilst very ill in hospital I chanced my arm at getting a player at city to send him a get well message hoping to raise his spirits. He never got the message from a player but a lady from supporter services had seen my tweet and wondered if she could have permission to send him some merchandise to cheer him up, she said they work with the kids hospital and what ward he is on and could they have permission to drop stuff off and also her manager had been following and wanted permission to email me.

He asked how he was doing what was up with him and took a real interest, he asked me to keep tweeting about his progress and wished us all the best, it made it the proper personal touch.

The day after, after training they got Pep to sign a T-shirt and sent mugs keyrings and a signed photo of Kun and bits and bobs over to the hospital for him. It was brilliant for the lad, he hadn't known about me hitting City

They emailed me for an update and he had had a few home leaves, when I told they said great stuff, hows he fixed for being a mascot at the Cardiff game next week, He said whack my morphine up dad, I'm going to that...and he did.

NOT once have they asked to use images or took credit for making a poorly lads dream come true. He got a pre match stadium tour with 3 extra tickets for family and got to walk out on gods garden with his fave player. (Leroy)

They were absolutely fantastic and not once did it feel automated. If anyone from the City At Home Team are reading this...THANKYOU, you really made a poorly boy very very happy!
Excellent. Hope your lad continues to go from strength to strength and best of luck to him at college. Tell him no chance for a scooter, get the bloody bus!

Excellent. Hope your lad continues to go from strength to strength and best of luck to him at college. Tell him no chance for a scooter, get the bloody bus!
[/QUOTE]

He's going to college to become a mechanic...think I'm pissing against the wind

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.