Typically French ?

Also worth watching bald and bankrupt if you like travel vids, a bit less fact oriented but he goes out of his way to find rural communities in Russia and elsewhere.
I am faced with a conundrum when watching Bald, because his content is really unique and interesting but I find him a bit of a twat and think something about him seems a bit off.

disagree with paris tho, great city, some lesser known neighbours are fantastic to stay in.
Lived and worked there. Enjoyed it but it really is a shit hole. Moved out to Villeneuve St George just for a break. I've lived in London and New York, and whilst they are also shit holes in certain areas nothing compared to Paris.

You don't get that certain type of surly people anywhere else in France.

Other than Calais, Bologne and surrounding areas on a school trip many moons ago, have never been to France properly. However, we are looking at driving over next year, with our two dogs in tow. (Currently between France and Northern Spain) We don't do camping so will be a gite to stay in.
Be interested to hear of any areas/villages you can recommend?

I'd take the ferry to Cherbourg and stroll down the west coast south of there. Worked in a small place called Carteret, but this was a while ago so it might be a bit bigger now!

Keep heading south though, Brittany is lovely, Vannes is a bloody lovely place to visit with it's old town, and you'll end up in Bordeaux. There are some lovely cities, Rennes, Brest, plus all the usual touristy type stuff like Mont St Michel.

Bordeaux is gorgeous and the Aquitaine region south of the City is a great place to drive through.

I was in Montreal a couple of years ago, very French city, everything is in French. Everyone speaks french.

Anyway right in the the middle of the historic area there's a huge high statue with a guy in uniform on top, I thought this must be Napoleon, I read the plaque and fuck me it was Nelson.

From Wiki;
Nelson's Column is a monument, designed by Scottish architect Robert Mitchell[1] and erected in 1809 in Place Jacques-Cartier, Montreal, Quebec, Canada, which is dedicated to the memory of Admiral Horatio Nelson, following his death at the Battle of Trafalgar. Subsequent to the destruction of Nelson's Pillar in Dublin (1808–1966), Montreal's pillar now stands as the second-oldest "Nelson's Column" in the world, after the Nelson Monument in Glasgow.[2] It is also the city's oldest monument and is the oldest war monument in Canada.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.