Tyson Fury Homecoming

west didsblue

Just seem on the news that the council are making a decision tomorrow about whether to arrange an official homecoming celebration, with his previous misogynistic and homophobic comments a reason why it might not happen.

Personally I think that it should happen as he’s apologised for those comments and as the best boxer in the world he should get recognition from his home city. What do others think? - ignoring the fact that he’s a rag.

I think he deserves a fantastic reception for what he has achieved I too don’t like the man but fair play to the guy he is a winner

He has said some pretty bad stuff in the past, definitely antisemitic things and homophobic. I’m not sure about the misogyny, he did make a joke about his wife being in the kitchen and that she’s there for that and sex but I thought this was just a very poor and stupid joke. It was misogynistic but I don’t think he is one, he seems a pretty good husband.

He’s moved on from this and has apologised.

I do believe in giving people another chance and he’s dropped a lot of nonsense from his devout Christianity.

I hope it goes ahead. He’s shown that people can change and can come back from the brink.

Yeah why not. Wouldn’t get me anywhere near it though seeing the amount of absolute dickheads who follow him.
In fairness the same could be said about a lot of boxers I suppose.

He has said some pretty bad stuff in the past, definitely antisemitic things and homophobic. I’m not sure about the misogyny, he did make a joke about his wife being in the kitchen and that she’s there for that and sex but I thought this was just a very poor and stupid joke. It was misogynistic but I don’t think he is one, he seems a pretty good husband.

I do believe in giving people another chance and he’s dropped a lot of nonsense from his devout Christianity.

I hope it goes ahead. He’s shown that people can change and can come back from the brink.
I guarantee that once his career comes to an end these sort of opinions will re-surface.

I don’t think the issues outside of boxing should have an impact on this. Plus he was in a very different headspace when he said those things.

I think he deserves a homecoming for his boxing achievements and the way he’s turned things around.

????

Thought people were 'antisemetic' no matter what despite apologies??

It's okay to pick and choose, huh...?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.