U13's Premier League International Tournament Champions.

sam-caddick said:
MCFCReserves&Academy
‏@MCFC_EDS_ACAD
Well done & congratulations to #MCFC U13s who beat @SL_Benfica 2-0 in the final to be Champions of @premierleague International Tournament

Looking good once the Academy kicks in....anyone watch these age groups?

I coach a local U14s ( U15s next season) and would love to watch maybe the U15/16s coaching teams to see if I can pick up a few pointers.

It seems we're winning tournaments at all age groups, well done to the lads.

Just seen this on twitter

CDxENRiWMAAUW1D.jpg:large

That's the U13's team apparently.

Look at the size of the kid at the back!

hahaha thats incredible. He looks older than the coaches! Is it not photo-shopped? SURELY he can't be that tall.

As I've said on the thread about the FA Youth Cup final... we are winning a lot of tournaments and at least making finals throughout the age groups. The u21s could reach one, the u15s have done, the u18s did and the u13s have won one too. There are players playing above their age group and the constant message is that technique is the most important element, physical side of things will come later... we've got it spot on. It's basic, it's obvious but it works and it will be exciting to see these players emerge over the next 3-5 years. We'll have some cracking talent who have benefitted from top coaching and top facilities.

Also great to see the player of the tournament taking after his grandfather.... how amazing would it be to have Tommy Doyle following in Mike's footsteps one day!

I genuinely want to know where that big lad at the back is from, how on earth is he 12/13? Not having it!

I remember when I was 12/13 playing for Inverness against Celtic and Islam Feruz ( young lad at Chelsea ) his big brother was playing and he was massive! There was no proof of age and he scored 6 goals, ended up moving up the age groups and was eventually dropped as his size became useless ( he was from Somalia and may have been sent back as Feruz was threatened but Tommy Burns helped him stay )

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.