U18 & EDS Match Reports

The team is:-

McNamara, Oduroh, Charles, Doyle, Larios, Lavia, Bobb, Gyabi, Sodje, Adam, Borges Subs: Lewis, Wright, Breckin, Hamilton, Smith

Larios got sent off for a professional foul, Sodje won & scored the pen and Borges scored our 2nd.

Joint top of the U18s league North with Everton, played 4, won 3, drawn 1 (against Everton) with equal goals for & against although Derby are on 3 out of 3 at the moment just behind us.

I watched most of this via a RagTV stream. If there is coverage I can’t understand why it isn’t on City+.

Anyway, terrible weather made it a very scrappy game. Our new Spanish left back, Larios, got a red card and it was probably merited. He tugged their guy back outside the box, which seemed needless because he probably would’ve got back given he was much quicker.

From there we played more on the break and it’s how our goal came. We moved it much faster through midfield and the through ball caught their defender wrong side who pulled Sodje by the arm and the linesman gave the penalty.

Their equaliser came via overplaying at the back and Lavia was basically tackled around the penalty spot, after being given little chance by a pass from our keeper, and the ball rebounded in our net.

The winner came a mistake from their keeper. He sliced a clearance straight to Borges who scored in the roof of the net.

As for standout players, I thought Lavia looked a class above in midfield. I expect he’ll be moved up to the EDS quite soon. I also liked Doyle in defence. A huge unit but was excellent on the ball, quick and a good range of passing with his left peg.

Conditions certainly levelled things up but our players looked much better in possession, as has been the way whenever I’ve seen us in the past few years at these junior levels.

Always good to beat these whatever the level.

I watched most of this via a RagTV stream. If there is coverage I can’t understand why it isn’t on City+.
Because our youth/EDS coverage has always been a disgrace.Given the amount of interest it should be given much greater build up and coverage.

How many people were even aware this game was being played? Sort it out City!

As for standout players, I thought Lavia looked a class above in midfield. I expect he’ll be moved up to the EDS quite soon. I also liked Doyle in defence. A huge unit but was excellent on the ball, quick and a good range of passing with his left peg.

Any relation to Tommy Doyle? I'm guessing not. I don't recognise most of the U18s names anymore due to the poor coverage.

Any relation to Tommy Doyle? I'm guessing not. I don't recognise most of the U18s names anymore due to the poor coverage.
I don’t think so, although he has fair coloured hair.

I live a fair way from Manchester now so only get to see the younger players via streaming, even in normal times.

It is deeply frustrating we don’t get to see more of the games when the facility is clearly there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.