U18 & EDS Match Reports

And we need to promote McAtee too,otherwise.......

Now,while we are playing like wankers and there are opportunities within our first team squad,is the perfect time to involve these talents.

It wasn’t a particularly interesting game, with Everton just sitting deep and trying to catch us on the break.

I think McAtee looks a very promising prospect. He’s done something in every EDS game he’s played.

Some of the others that have played last year at this level probably need to go out on loan because this standard doesn’t challenge them enough. The problem though that some of them like Doyle and THB are on the fringes of the first team squad so they’ll be reluctant to do it.

I just don’t see Pep using them now the early rounds of the Carabao are done so they could go until January and see how it’s looking.

Because pep wants to use him as a 6, so they play him as a 6 so he grows into that position.

So Pep would have fucked about with Kevin De Bruyne's career the same as a young player, to play him in a different, less creative, position even though he may have left the club before the player is old enough to play there ?

A few good young players in these teams and ones who look like they are very much capable of making the grade at this club, whether they get that opportunity or not is another matter, but the likes of Dionkou, McAtee, Braaf, Bobb, Borges, Sodoje, Amankwa, and Mbete-Tabu for me look red hot prospects at the level they are playing at, obviously not all will ever make a first team appearance, but they do look like they have what it takes currently to get there.

City really are shite at handling youth talent,they have seen enough leave recently to surely recognise that these kids and their advisors wont rest on their laurels,they'll be off to the a club that assures them of progress.
I don't know a lot about these players , but get the impression the problem is Foden, Doyle, Palmer, McAtee all play in similar positions. If so I can't see how there's a pathway for all of them.

I don't know a lot about these players , but get the impression the problem is Foden, Doyle, Palmer, McAtee all play in similar positions. If so I can't see how there's a pathway for all of them.
Foden, McAtee and Palmer play in similar positions but would be interchangeable in the way that KDB, Silva and Bernardo would be. I think they are potentially superb players with Palmer reminding me of a Thomas Muller type and McAtee like a Bernardo. They have huge potential, in my view, though Doyle is the most dissimilar from the others and is, in my opinion, more of a deeper-lying player.

Last edited:
In that situation,obviously you'd hope we identify the most talented and ensure they progress accordingly.The others should be loaned or sold with clauses.My issue is we don't always seem to offer a clear pathway to the first team for those we want to keep,they then receive an offer that does,elsewhere.

Foden, McAtee and Palmer play in similar positions but would be interchangeable in the way that KDB, Silva and Bernardo would be. I think they are potentially superb players with Palmer reminding me of a Thomas Muller type and McAtee like a Bernardo. They have huge potential, in my view though Doyle is the most dissimilar from the others and is, in my opinion, more of a deeper-lying player.
Spot on,I agree.

Foden, McAtee and Palmer play in similar positions but would be interchangeable in the way that KDB, Silva and Bernardo would be. I think they are potentially superb players with Palmer reminding me of a Thomas Muller type and McAtee like a Bernardo. They have huge potential, in my view though Doyle is the most dissimilar from the others and is, in my opinion, more of a deeper-lying player.
I think there's the problem I'm guessing at, assuming KDB and Bernardo have a few more years with us, and Foden has established himself, Palmer seems next in line for a crack at it if he's succesful what sort of opportunity does that leave Mcatee. It sounds like Doyle could play deeper so maybe that's to his advantage.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.