U18 PL Cup - Final beckons

Sweeties, cake, lemonade? What are these treats you speak of?
Clinton-Baptiste-e1528886349158.jpeg

6-0 tonight. Thought at one point in the first half that the team who scored first would lose - another sneaky PL rule, but in the second half it was clearly Footballers v Athletes. We ran riot in a short spell in the second half with the fourth and fifth goals being rather 'gem-like'. And a pen finished it off. Comprehensive battering. These kids are very confident with their fellow team-mates. All possess good on-the-ball technique that can open up even a tight defence. A couple scares with playing out from the back in the first half - our goalie was caught twice but got away with it. I phoned MrsEwing at HT and said he wouldn't get away with a third. Stoke ne'er got near enough in the second half for a third to materialise. A masterful display.

6-0 tonight. Thought at one point in the first half that the team who scored first would lose - another sneaky PL rule, but in the second half it was clearly Footballers v Athletes. We ran riot in a short spell in the second half with the fourth and fifth goals being rather 'gem-like'. And a pen finished it off. Comprehensive battering. These kids are very confident with their fellow team-mates. All possess good on-the-ball technique that can open up even a tight defence. A couple scares with playing out from the back in the first half - our goalie was caught twice but got away with it. I phoned MrsEwing at HT and said he wouldn't get away with a third. Stoke ne'er got near enough in the second half for a third to materialise. A masterful display.

who are the stand out players in the u18`s squad.

Edozie, Palmer and Delap are fantastic prospects, in my opinion. I personally like Wilson-Esbrand a lot too. Powerful fullback that came from West Ham, I believe.

Slicker (GK) looks good too. I thought Palmer didn’t have his best game tonight, but scored twice in the end. He looked like he was trying too hard, especially in the first half.

The first good thing for me tonight was that we didn't bring in under 18's that don't play regularly at this level during the season. I don't know if t=it's a rule of the competition but for the 1/4 final of the FA youth cup last week we played Doyle , Harwood-Bellis , Mc Donald, Rogers , Braaf and the right back ( sorry cant remember his name ) and none of those played tonight.

And the result was we played better imo. Yes the odd scare in the first half playing it around at the back but it was always clear who were the better side. The goal from Delap , which effectivley sealed the win , was just a bit special as he picked the ball up very wide left , ran across and into the box and ended up scoring from the right corner of the 6 yard box. Someone near me said that was a George Best goal. McAtee's 2nd goal was a gem too.

I was undecided on who might get MotM but around me there were votes for Palmer, Hodge , Delap, Burns. Good team performance then and a MotM is irrelevant

Edozie, Palmer and Delap are fantastic prospects, in my opinion. I personally like Wilson-Esbrand a lot too. Powerful fullback that came from West Ham, I believe.

Charlie Macneill my pals lad cracking player and so down to earth lad.

Slicker (GK) looks good too. I thought Palmer didn’t have his best game tonight, but scored twice in the end. He looked like he was trying too hard, especially in the first half.
That's true. Maybe his penalty miss from last season's FA youth cup final was lingering in his mind. Wanted to put that memory out with a great performance in this final.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.