U18 Premier League: City - Derby 10/15/16

Good that a few more fans have been able to see the 18's today and how talented they are. I have to say that I am baffled that there were not more fans there to watch the game. Plenty of fans were arriving very early for the Everton game, wandering around and it just seems weitd to me that they don't take the opportunity to watch these young City players when it's right there in front of them and costs effectively nothing. And they are superb to watch. Ah well maybe that's just me and going for a pint or something is a better option!

Back to the game though and some of the football in the first half was a delight to watch. I see Sancho got a special mention on here and that was one of his least effective or impressive performances I would say. Still a threat and he set up the first goal but a fair amount of what he did today didn't quite come off. Just love watching him play though and opposition defenders must hate playing against him.

I enjoyed Phil Foden. Such a talent sees passes so well and travels with the ball superbly.Rides tackles brilliantly too.

That was the first time I have seen Pozo start a match and I was impressed. His sub appearances have been good but today I saw an intelligent holding midfield player doing that job and playing as well. Really too many on that team worthy of a mention. Can't wait to watch them play again.

How did Kigbu play,great hopes for him

I thought Kigbu played very well today and shows tone of quality every time I see him play. Occasionally a little slack on the ball when he lets an attacker get too close ( did that once early on in a dodgy spot and had to give a foul away) but that's part of the learning curve I guess. Good in the air without being too big and totally dominant. Seems pretty quick and can turn it on when needed. Confident and a great left foot and also capable of mixing it , showing strength when needed.

Future City first teamer who knows yet!

I thought Kigbu played very well today and shows tone of quality every time I see him play. Occasionally a little slack on the ball when he lets an attacker get too close ( did that once early on in a dodgy spot and had to give a foul away) but that's part of the learning curve I guess. Good in the air without being too big and totally dominant. Seems pretty quick and can turn it on when needed. Confident and a great left foot and also capable of mixing it , showing strength when needed.

Future City first teamer who knows yet!

Would be great if he makes it,must get to watch the U18s soon

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.