u18 v Newcastle

Yeah obviously he’s largely responsible but if Foden wasn’t getting picked should he still get u23 games? Or would the EDS coaches not bother because it wouldn’t help anyone?

And there should also be someone at the club who can say to Guardiola that he either has to use these players or loan them.

Well, they need football at some point, somewhere to maintain their rhythm, i'd guess. Midseason loans are just a nightmare. The lack of loans outside of transfer windows sorta kills this off too. Generally speaking, the loan market is so tough to get right. Doesn't help that we let Pep have a small squad, so he wants them to hang around. Who's gonna have the balls to tell Pep that? He's changed the club forever.

So next season.

Every single EDS player needs to go somewhere else, the level is too low. Promote, loan, sell, get them all out of there.

Promote the entirety of the u18 to EDS.

That's next season sorted. I've already seen Borges destroy u18s, don't know why he is still here, thought after his injury and gradual return he'd be part of EDS, atleast next season he should be.

So next season.

Every single EDS player needs to go somewhere else, the level is too low. Promote, loan, sell, get them all out of there.

That's next season sorted. I've already seen Borges destroy u18s, don't know why he is still here, thought after his injury and gradual return he'd be part of EDS, atleast next season he should be.
He has been playing for both tbf to get his fitness back.
I’d suggest he is already above EDS level as well

Probably.

But still think players should a full EDS season first. Just feels proper.
Indeed, and it seems right to give Edozie his chance on that left side first - he has done extremely well and doesn't seem to rely on extreme physicality to get by. Neither does Borges, of course, but Edozie seems to have a good level of football intelligence as well as the ability to go either way.

So next season.

Borges has played a grand total of 750 minutes or just over 8 games with just 76 minutes of them played before the new year. The majority was with the U23s BTW. There was never a snowballs chance of him going out on loan and letting someone else manage his rehabilitation (even if we could find someone daft enough to take him).

Edit: not sure if that total includes today. (it might not include the last 4 games actually as it hasn't been updated yet)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.