U18s vs Arsenal (FAYC semi-final 2nd leg)

For the record, our keeper didn't deny a goalscoring opportunity ws he had the ball. He actually created one from nothing by picking it up ;) Won't stop ignorant gooners from claiming it though.

If he had taken the ball off an Arse player then he would have gone.

Their red left the ref no option. Dangerous.

I agree with all of that.

I knew Grimshaw was going to make a cock-up as he was being a bit too cocky on a few occasions. The annoying thing for me was that he was being cocky to waste time but then releasing the ball quickly when it was unnecessary.

I have some memory of the ruling, when it was first brought in, for handball by a GK outside the area being an automatic red card offence. IF it was, it might be where the confusion is coming from.

Now, the guidelines explicitly state that a sending off must be for a DCGSO rather than the handball itself.

I agree with all of that.

I knew Grimshaw was going to make a cock-up as he was being a bit too cocky on a few occasions. The annoying thing for me was that he was being cocky to waste time but then releasing the ball quickly when it was unnecessary.

I couldn't actually believe my eyes when he flicked it up into his arms with his toe a few mins earlier, with the Arse striker running at him!

He will get a right bollocking I recon.

I couldn't actually believe my eyes when he flicked it up into his arms with his toe a few mins earlier, with the Arse striker running at him!

He will get a right bollocking I recon.
Wilcox alluded to a few things in his incredibly honest post match interview. I'm sure the goalkeepers cockiness wasn't missed.

Good performance by the lads after a slow start and losing an early goal. Showed good mental strength to get back into the game and also good physicality against a bigger side.
I thought Cameron and Tosin were great and seemed to complement each other well ,whilst organising the defence against a strong attacking side.

Arsenal started well but faded away and looked shaky at the back throughout. Also thought they had a few players who carried on like big time Charlie's and couldn`t believe that City could or should be beating them.

Agree re Davenport. He has been a top player all season for the 18's but for quite a while in that first half he was all over the place and not doing what he usually does so well. Missing tackles, messing up passes and being in the wrong place for a holding midfield player is what I saw. Great credit to him then for getting it together and looking good once he settled.

Overall I didn't think it anything like one of our best performances but they showed great determination to hang on when clearly they were pretty knackered. And yet on a different day we would have scored 4 or 5! Brahim is top quality and tonight showed some glimpses without being at his best. Nmecha was unlucky not to score but the effort was exceptional and he is another who is just getting better..

No question Tosin should be in the 1st team squad instead of the grandad. As for the red card what the hell was the ref supposed to do and what the hell has a goalscoring opportunity got to do with anything? It was studs up straight into the shin of Kongolo and could have broken his leg!

Completely agree with all of this. Some top talent within a strong side.

I can't wait to see more of the u16s if they're a better team than these boys.

The future is blue!!

Just hope we can keep the key ones from the under 16's. I reckon Pep could be the key going forward in getting youth involved in the first team and giving all of the great talent we have coming through the belief that they can make it at City.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.