U19's Youth League (1500hrs)

They literally don't want them to win any more.

“We have to remember this is a development phase,” says Marwood. “Winning is part of that, but so is losing.

“Manchester City are winning a large percentage of their games at academy level. That’s nice, but at times it means our players aren’t getting the feeling of having to fight for a result or having to respond to a loss.

“We believe the Premier League 2 environment is better served by testing our really young ones to their limits to see if they can cope.

“So, it really can’t be about the result. We have to see beyond three points.”

Brian Marwood October 2017

The aim does not seem to play like the first team as it was until 2017. The players have licence to do more on the ball. Take more touches,express themselves. Whether this leads to anything we will see. Interesting change to me though.

The aim does not seem to play like the first team as it was until 2017. The players have licence to do more on the ball. Take more touches,express themselves. Whether this leads to anything we will see. Interesting change to me though.

If most of them are never going to get a game for the first team, then the system probably doesn't matter.

The kind of movement we used to see from Barker & Angelino working together, with Jack Byrne etc playing pass & move & feeding passes through, is maybe only fully relevant if those players are going to play together, which is how I envisaged it; that the teamwork they grew up with would mean they were stronger together, when promoted, than as individuals.

If only one gets through, every few years, I don't suppose it matters.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.