U19's Youth League (1500hrs)

5-2,

Stuart Brennan reported earlier:
"It's a very young team, partly forced by nine injuries"

I suspect the score doesn't reflect the closeness of the game, apparently we were very close to getting an equaliser at 3-2 when they broke away to make it 4-2.

They scored the last 2 goals in injury time.

Last edited:
So since Paul Harsley took over, the u23's and u19s he coaches have conceded 29 goals in 9 games, including conceding four goals or more 5 times.

I’m sure there’s mitigating circumstances but just seems that most all of our teams (except First) have taken a step back this season.

Scoreline suggests so,the coverage would say different.

Unfortunately,and ultimately,that doesnt count for much and it now seems we will be eliminated early.Very disappointing for a club like us.

It was somert like 80 odd dangerous attacks to about 50 odd in City's favour,also City won about 12-4 on corners,but that don't win you matches,shots on target was 8-4 to the Germans,and they scored from 5 of them,so stats or no stats that's what wins you matches,so as I originally said,hammered

I’m sure there’s mitigating circumstances but just seems that most all of our teams (except First) have taken a step back this season.

It really does. The women's team seems to be in a weird state as well, at a time when I'd have thought they were trying to really push hard to stay ahead of United's women who'll be up challenging them next season.

It really does. The women's team seems to be in a weird state as well, at a time when I'd have thought they were trying to really push hard to stay ahead of United's women who'll be up challenging them next season.

They don't have to try that hard, they're in a higher league ;-)

They don't have to try that hard, they're in a higher league ;-)

And if you'd read to the end of my one sentence comment, you'd have seen where I said "next season".

My point is they're throwing some weight behind the women's team, really hamming up how great it is for women's football to have them joining in, and I'd have thought City need to be improving the women's team to stay ahead, not seeing it go backwards right at the moment United are arriving.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.