U19's Youth League (1500hrs)

I’m sure there’s mitigating circumstances but just seems that most all of our teams (except First) have taken a step back this season.

There are a lot of injuries. Latibeaudiere, Garcia, Doyle, Bolton, Wilson, Touaizi, Garre and Gonzalez would probably all start if they were fit

It really does. The women's team seems to be in a weird state as well, at a time when I'd have thought they were trying to really push hard to stay ahead of United's women who'll be up challenging them next season.

The women have lost three players who were stalwarts in the triple season and it's gonna take a good chunk of this season for the new signings to bed in. I think the women are at a stage where Cushing doesn't know who his best starting eleven is. We have two very pacy wingers in Emslie and Lawley and on Sunday neither of them started. Emslie came on as a sub but I can't remember Mel L coming on. She might be injured - seem to think she went down last time out at The Academy. But the kids seem to be doing a lot of chasing when I've seen them this season and playing other 'youths' who seem to have a bit more muscle!

It was somert like 80 odd dangerous attacks to about 50 odd in City's favour,also City won about 12-4 on corners,but that don't win you matches,shots on target was 8-4 to the Germans,and they scored from 5 of them,so stats or no stats that's what wins you matches,so as I originally said,hammered
Typical you.

Typical you.

Typical me ? And you question why I bite

Fantasyland more apt name for you,I mean what sort of response to me is that really ? Mod or no mod show a bit of respect or decorum,and hold your hand up,and admit it,although the "stats" showed otherwise,5-2 is a hammering

Typical me ? And you question why I bite

Fantasyland more apt name for you,I mean what sort of response to me is that really ? Mod or no mod show a bit of respect or decorum,and hold your hand up,and admit it,although the "stats" showed otherwise,5-2 is a hammering
Waste of time having any sort of discussion with you,laters.

Did anyone here see the game? Seems like Dionkou and Gomes did pretty bad based on what I`ve seen on twitter

Might be a dumb question but is there any youth version of the Europa League that third in the group would drop in to? Or is it the two that don't qualify for the knockouts are out of Europe all together?

Might be a dumb question but is there any youth version of the Europa League that third in the group would drop in to? Or is it the two that don't qualify for the knockouts are out of Europe all together?

It’s a bit convoluted, there is a Youth version of the Europa league but it’s a knockout tournament. It starts at 32 teams and when it’s down to 8, those 8 teams play a playoff against the 8 runners up from the UEFA Youth League. The winners of those ties then move to the last 16 of the Youth League tournament along with the 8 group winners. So basically City need to finish second if they want to make that playoff game.

Those 32 teams are made up of the Champions of each countries domestic youth league, rather than the teams who finish in the Europa League places in the senior league. So Chelsea are in it this season, and they just won their first game 10-1!

It’s a bit convoluted, there is a Youth version of the Europa league but it’s a knockout tournament. It starts at 32 teams and when it’s down to 8, those 8 teams play a playoff against the 8 runners up from the UEFA Youth League. The winners of those ties then move to the last 16 of the Youth League tournament along with the 8 group winners. So basically City need to finish second if they want to make that playoff game.

Those 32 teams are made up of the Champions of each countries domestic youth league, rather than the teams who finish in the Europa League places in the senior league. So Chelsea are in it this season, and they just won their first game 10-1!

Interesting, thanks for the summary!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.