UEFA Ask City Football Group to Divest its ownership of Girona

No One Understands

https://www.espn.co.uk/football/sto...ity-girona-owners-given-ucl-clearance-options

City asked to reduce its shares or transfer all their shares in one of the two clubs (city or girona) to a blind trust controlled by UEFA so that both clubs can compete in the champions league next season. Otherwise, Girona would have to drop down to the Europa league.

Not sure how I feel about this, but one thing I do know, is that I hate UEFA.

https://www.espn.co.uk/football/sto...ity-girona-owners-given-ucl-clearance-options

City asked to reduce its shares or transfer all their shares in one of the two clubs (city or girona) to a blind trust controlled by UEFA so that both clubs can compete in the champions league next season. Otherwise, Girona would have to drop down to the Europa league.

Not sure how I feel about this, but one thing I do know, is that I hate UEFA.
Reasonable request for me.

This is the huge downside of multi club ownership and it could affect the fairness of a competition and that is not right.

The downside is we cannot loan them any players.
Savio who we are supposed to have signed will have to come to us or be loaned out.
Yan Couto who the Rags are showing an interest in who we might have left there for another season will have to either come to us or loaned out.
Eric Garcia will go back to Barca so the squad will be decimated and we cannot loan them anyone.

This is the huge downside of multi club ownership and it could affect the fairness of a competition and that is not right.
They already segregate clubs from the same country in the group so for me, segregate us and Girona in the group as well. If we get them in the knockouts, both clubs will want to win so it wouldn't compromise the integrity of the competition.

Girona have exceeded expectations and CFG probably didn't think they would qualify for the CL, at least this soon anyway

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.