UEFA, Barca and tonight's CL games.

schfc6

Might need to be merged or moved but....

I've just watched Barcelona's 3-1 over Gijon, how is this possible? Has there been a rule change or is it just another favour for Barcelona?

I thought the horrendous fixture build up of ours was partly due to not being able to play Premier League games in the same week as CL other games?

Why the fuck couldn't we play Newcastle tonight?

Might need to be merged or moved but....

I've just watched Barcelona's 3-1 over Gijon, how is this possible? Has there been a rule change or is it just another favour for Barcelona?

I thought the horrendous fixture build up of ours was partly due to not being able to play Premier League games in the same week as CL other games?

Why the fuck couldn't we play Newcastle tonight?

'More than a football club' ... Despise Barca

I thought the rule was just that league games couldn't be played at the same time as Champions League games, hence why the Barca match started at 5.30pm?

Either way, it's probably a blessing given our current injuries.

I thought the rule was just that league games couldn't be played at the same time as Champions League games, hence why the Barca match started at 5.30pm?

I didn't even think they were allowed on Mondays? I know it wouldn't be popular, but could we have played Newcastle at 5.30 today? I'm assuming Barcelona played tonight catching up from the World Club Cup.

If we ever get there, I can't imagine the FA or UEFA bending over like this for us or anyother English club.

I didn't even think they were allowed on Mondays? I know it wouldn't be popular, but could we have played Newcastle at 5.30 today? I'm assuming Barcelona played tonight catching up from the World Club Cup.

If we ever get there, I can't imagine the FA or UEFA bending over like this for us or anyother English club.

Not sure why you'd want to play the Newcastle game this week? It'd be a huge inconvenience given our injuries and the fixtures we have coming up.

rather we played no one this week, but if ot's a rule and barca just ignored it then ot is a piss take

Not sure why you'd want to play the Newcastle game this week? It'd be a huge inconvenience given our injuries and the fixtures we have coming up.

Ideally we wouldn't, but didn't Pellegrini say if we were to win all four, it was impossible due to the Newcastle fixture? As it would mean we didn't have a slot for it?

Odds are, whenever we play them we'll be ravaged with injury. They may also be rid of the lead weight round their neck that is McClaren.

My point though, I thought it was just simply a no no to play on CL nights.

UEFA would not stop us playing tonight along side the CL games, however it just would not be allowed to be televised. So blame PL greed.

UEFA would not stop us playing tonight along side the CL games, however it just would not be allowed to be televised. So blame PL greed.

Barcelona were on tonight - Sky sports2

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.