UEFA board member charged with bribery

Interesting timing. All to do with world cup media rights.

Am sure UEFA had already conducted their own trial and found nothing worth reporting.

As Valcke has already been suspected by FIFA, what chance PSG's owner is next?

Cheers Kaz for posting, I suspect you and City Xtra are the only ones that will do so. I never go on Rag or Dip sites but I bet they are not mentioning this, especially as he is on the FFP part of Uefa !

Indictment filed in connection with the award of media rights - UEFA Executive Committee Member Affected

https://www.admin.ch/gov/en/start/documentation/media-releases.msg-id-78172.html

Bern, 20.02.2020 - The Office of the Attorney General of Switzerland (OAG) has filed an indictment against the former Secretary General of the Fédération Internationale de Football Association (FIFA), Jerôme Valcke, the chairman of the BeIN Media Group, Nasser Al-Khelaifi, and a businessman in the sports rights sector in connection with the award of media rights to various World Cup and FIFA Confederations Cup tournaments.

UEFA Executive Committee
The UEFA Executive Committee is UEFA's supreme executive body. It comprises the UEFA President, 16 other members elected by a UEFA Congress, plus two elected by the European Club Association and one by the European Leagues.

President - Aleksander Čeferin
Vice-presidents- Karl-Erik Nilsson

FIFA Council - Luis Rubiales; Michele Uva; David Gill, UEFA Treasurer

Members include Nasser Al-Khelaifi

UEFA Executive Committee and Other Committees - Where The Influence Lies

UEFA Executive Committee - membership
https://www.uefa.com/insideuefa/about-uefa/executive-committee/

Committee Memberships
https://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Download/uefaorg/Bodies/02/63/83/45/2638345_DOWNLOAD.pdf

David Gill - UEFA Treasurer; Finance Committee - Chairman; Compensation Committee - Chairman; and Club Competitions Committee - Deputy Chairman.

Club Financial Control Body Investigatory Chamber
Chairman and Chief Investigator
Yves Leterme (Belgium)

Members
Jacobo Beltrán (Spain)
Egon Franck (Germany)
Konstantin Sonin (Russia)
Petra Stanonik Bošnjak (Slovenia)
Yves Wehrli (France)

Club Financial Control Body Adjudicatory Chamber
Chairman
José Narciso da Cunha Rodrigues (Portugal)

Vice-Chairmen
Christiaan Timmermans (Netherlands)
Louis Peila (Switzerland)

Members
Charles Flint (England)
Adam Giersz (Poland)

Can I just ask a stupid question, stupid because you lot will know the answer but I will ask anyway.

How did this get to the Swiss Court ? Whilst I am glad they are taking down members of the cartel I cant work out why they got involved. Did someone complain (us - giggle)

Thank you

Can I just ask a stupid question, stupid because you lot will know the answer but I will ask anyway.

How did this get to the Swiss Court ? Whilst I am glad they are taking down members of the cartel I cant work out why they got involved. Did someone complain (us - giggle)

Thank you

FIFA are based in Switzerland, so the crime is there.

Thank you
UEFA's office is in Switzerland, therefore any corruption comes under there legal system.

FIFA are based in Switzerland, so the crime is there.

Cheers and I sort of guessed that, no I did honest, but I assume someone complained to them ? I have tried googling how it all started but I don't seem to get any further than todays news. One reason for asking is I wondered if the Sheikh had ever given a wedge to private detectives and said go find the shit on those Uefa bastards.

Edit: In the City Forum, on the City banned in Europe mega thread, someone has posted a tweet. This indicates that Fifa originally brought the charge but then looked to withdraw it after coming to an agreement. It seems the Swiss court have told them to fuck right off, they will continue the proceedings. I tell you what it is bloody complicated but it highlights how dodgy the bastards are and how they think they are above the law.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.