UEFA confirm their bid to stop City and keep Utd succesful

MCFC/Real Madrid/AC Milan/Chelsea could start a world club competition with 50 million quid to the winners (every club would want to play in that competition) Screw Uefa!

just seen this on anther forum and if it's true then the club are looking at increasing the gate revenue and when we expand it won't be an issue either.

Trevor Brooking said this morning that City had bought themselves out of the agreement with the council which allows them to take a cut of the gate money. Don't know if he's mistaken about that but it's the first I've heard of it if true.

Create our own European Competition.

Twice the Prize money per stage of the Champions League, you can only play in that and not UEFA's competition, all the main sponsors would want in(cos of the money), get the TV networks signed up to us and not UEFA, and go from there.

Previous winners of the European Cup can still claim as such, all we're doing is taking out the middle man, UEFA.

Some great points there guys. Not suprisingly there are still people thinking the top clubs won't like this when you have to realise it's they that asked for it.

The way I think of it is this...draw a line under what is now.

When the rule is applied the club with the highest turnover will be the best off all else being equal. Debt is only an issue if you are at risk as a business.

You can borrow as much as you like as long as you can afford the interest on the debt from your direct football income. So no Real Madrid are not in trouble...they want this...as do all the current top clubs. They aren't threatening a break away because they have things the way they want now. The club which will most benefit are Bayern as they have a huge turnover and (incidentally) no debt.

I'm not saying we won't get around this just that it is a big challenge.

It's difficult to get across to people that this is aimed at us (Platini said as much)

If you want to know who will do well out of this sort this table by "Revenue"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richest_football_clubs

United 2nd

City 21st

So Real Madrid are hardly complaining.

I'm sure we will get round this but I was just trying to point out who this rule benefits.

So half the European clubs are spending above their income..???

By 2012 this would have hardly changed....what sort of competition would it be if only half of Europes clubs can possibly enter ??

It will fail bigtime..

samharris said:

By 2012 this would have hardly changed....what sort of competition would it be if only half of Europes clubs can possibly enter ??

It will fail bigtime..

No.

You can borrow as much as you like as long as you can afford the interest on the debt not the debt itself. So the big turnover clubs are encouraged to borrow more (I think!) ironically :-)

i agree with part of your theory Cobweb but imo where you are majorly mistaken is your perception that this is "about stopping City", they are using us as their example but we will be there already - it is their attempt to make sure that City are the LAST club to do things via a rich benefactor.

Rammy Blue said:
i agree with part of your theory Cobweb but imo where you are majorly mistaken is your perception that this is "about stopping City", they are using us as their example but we will be there already - it is their attempt to make sure that City are the LAST club to do things via a rich benefactor.

Possibly correct there Rammy. Hope so.

Cobwebcat said:
samharris said:

It will fail bigtime..

No.

You can borrow as much as you like as long as you can afford the interest on the debt not the debt itself. So the big turnover clubs are encouraged to borrow more (I think!) ironically :-)

So using that logic, clubs will go to the wall quicker?

So, if we buy out the revenue sharing from the council how much extra will that give us per season?

And assuming we can expand to 60k and fill the ground, maybe more of a long run thing, how much extra from that?

I wouldn't be surprised, but disappointed, if some ticket price rises didn't happen also.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.