UEFA confirm their bid to stop City and keep Utd succesful

IF they keep strict tabs on this then the CL would be finished - half the clubs in it are debted up.

There would be no - Liverpool, Rags, Real Madrid, Chelsea, Half the Italian league.

If the owners are happy to pile in money with nothing back, what is to stop them putting it in through some sort of sponsorship deal so its seen a revenue?

Can someone please explain simply what this means i dont understand....
403_question%20mark.jpg

I'v been banging on about this since Platini mentioned it 6 months ago. This was one of the reasons the owners decided to get rid of Les as we need to be up with the big boys before this comes into place and the way the results were going that wasnt going to happen. The owners reset the targets in the summer after Platinis proposals were made public and Les was in full agreement of the new target...top 4 this season.

Im also sure clubs clubs will try and take legal action via the European courts if someone is penalised by this proposal, as its a restriction of trade and as the "Bossman ruling" has shown the European courts can legally over-rule any UEFA rules.

Garry.Cook said:
United would be stuffed as their debt is too large and there's no way it will be balanced by 2012-2013 and like others have already said, we will inevitably find ways of getting money into the club.

I was thining this but that's why they've set it up so that it's linked to turnover not profit! I think it's a ridiculous idea and one that smacks of a desire to create a top club monopoly. Any spending should be tied into profit NOT turnover. However there's a good chance that United's turnover may fall sharply over the coming years anyway if they start to stutter and struggle to win trophies, all the glory hunters will go elsewhere or simply lose interest.

Garry.Cook said:
Though it seems most are, i'm actually not worried at all. We have the biggest heads in the game working for this club and the wealthiest owners in the world. There is no way that us and Madrid* will let things go smoothly and stop us competing in europe. Even if these rules do come into play, United would be stuffed as their debt is too large and there's no way it will be balanced by 2012-2013 and like others have already said, we will inevitably find ways of getting money into the club.

*(I'm assuming this rule would also affect Madrid as their recent outlay is more ridiculous than ours and would make it impossible for them to break even)

No, as long as United cover the interest on the debt they are fine and with their refinancing they should be ok by then.

The rule is OK for Madrid too as they have the biggest turnover in the world and you can spend your turnover as long as you can afford the interest from footballing turnover, which they can.

The rule is aimed at us. The ball is in our court. The current elite have found a way of barring us while keeping themselves fine. If it wasn't so anti-city I would have to admire how clever it is, though how they can argue it gives smaller clubs a chance is laughable.

I say forget European footy and win the Prem year in year out. See how they like that.

Don't understand it all to be honest and have not read all the responses because I'm in a meeting at work (!)

Anyway, would this not be challengeable in the EU Courts due to restriction of business practices/trade or some such other rule?

Surely they cannot dictate stuff like this as we are clearly solvent and can afford what we want, when we want.

Hamann Pineapple said:
Cobwebcat said:
Doh! Read the first post.

Since when does your opinion become fact. That does not appear in the rules, that is your assumption.

It's not my opinion, it is in the proposal (don't ask me to find it) but you can google it yourself.

There is a way around every financial rule in business and taxes.

As bullish as Cook has been about City's future and as successful has Sheik Mansoor has been in business, I would say that they have already evaluated these new rules and have had their plans put in place.

Lets start an Abu Dhabi invitational cup held in Abu Dhabi where the top teams in Europe go to Abu Dhabi to play, and the prize is a trophy and a stonking amount of cash. No finance rules for entry. Eventually it will usurp the Chumps League and become the main European competition.*

* Just a joke.

onceabluealways said:
IF they keep strict tabs on this then the CL would be finished - half the clubs in it are debted up.

There would be no - Liverpool, Rags, Real Madrid, Chelsea, Half the Italian league.

If the owners are happy to pile in money with nothing back, what is to stop them putting it in through some sort of sponsorship deal so its seen a revenue?

I think you've missed the point (no offence intended) lots of people think we are rich and so will be fine.

Turnover important. Debt not important (in real terms)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.