uefa cup or fa cup?

Jesus2018

Which is the bigger cup to win? To win the fa cup you still need to win more games than Man City, Liverpool, Spurs, Chelsea, Arsenal. To win the uefa cup you need to beat teams not even finishing in the top 3 or 4 of leagues much poorer than our own.

For a team like Woves, Everton or Southampton say, the uefa cup would be considered a huge achievement. But can 2 teams who are supposed to be in the top 6 in England, fighting for top 3, for first, who've both had regular CL football and are arguably dropping down a few ranks to fight some easier opponents really class uefa as a success and would winning the fa cup for either team be considered a greater prize/achievement?

I believe UEFA cup would be deemed bigger achievement by Arsenal especially as this would mean Champions league qualification.

For that reason I'll be cheering on Chelsea tonight

FA Cup

No question about it. Look at Chelsea’s run to the Europa league final. It’s a second rate competition. Only reason it’s somewhat relevant is that it gives you a CL spot if you win it.

Given the strength of the Premier league the FA Cup is harder to win imo.

Fa Cup, all the biggest and best teams enter.

UEFA cup as already said is a second rate competition with the second rate teams, unless one of the big guns has a crap group stage. I'd stop just short of calling it a losers competition, and yea I'd feel the same if we were in it too

It’s the “Europa League” which is the UEFA Cup and European Cup Winners Cup combined.

And I’d say it’s barely on a par with the EFL Cup now it’s just a fifth and sixth rate competition.

When it was the UEFA Cup and ECWC it meant more as they were second rate and cup winner competitions, not some money spinner for mid-table teams.

We got into the Europa League one year when we finished 10th through that fair play rule. What a load of shyite!

I’d say it goes:
1. Domestic league title
2. Champions League
3. Domestic Cup(s)
4. World Club Cup
5. Europa League
6. Community Shield/Domestic Super Cup
7. UEFA Super Cup.

It’s the “Europa League” which is the UEFA Cup and European Cup Winners Cup combined.

And I’d say it’s barely on a par with the EFL Cup now it’s just a fifth and sixth rate competition.

When it was the UEFA Cup and ECWC it meant more as they were second rate and cup winner competitions, not some money spinner for mid-table teams.

We got into the Europa League one year when we finished 10th through that fair play rule. What a load of shyite!

I’d say it goes:
1. Domestic league title
2. Champions League
3. Domestic Cup(s)
4. Europa League
6. Community Shield/Domestic Super Cup
7. UEFA Super Cup.
I'd swap 2 and 3 around

I remember the old fairs cup and of course the cup winners cup, which we won. In those days they were big competition's and really meant something. The European cup was just for the champions of every country and each competition was a straight two legged knockout, none of this league rubbish.

FA Cup

No question about it. Look at Chelsea’s run to the Europa league final. It’s a second rate competition. Only reason it’s somewhat relevant is that it gives you a CL spot if you win it.

Given the strength of the Premier league the FA Cup is harder to win imo.

Look at our run to the FA Cup final though.
Rotherham
Burnley
Swansea
Newport
Brighton

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.