UEFA dealing with the big issues

Fair do's to Pogba, he is Muslim and believes all alcohol is wrong. Why should he have to sit there with a beer bottle in front of him at a press conference?
Even the idiots in charge of the Premier league stopped giving out champagne to the man of the match because of this.
Uefa need stopping from this blatant greed and corruption.

Racism in football? An investigation into why they broadcast a man dying? Fixing their technical issues in Baku the other day? Nope, making sure that the sponsors' products remain on the table in the press conference.

Let's be honest, no-one would have even noticed them if it wasn't for Ronaldo and Pogba moving them. I also like how they give Pogba the "religious reasons" get out for moving a non-alcoholic beer. Surely they should both have the "not a fat bastard" reason for moving Coke in that case?
Both appear in Pepsi adverts, so I doubt it has anything to do with healthy living.

Good old UEFA

Move sponsors bottles - Kick Off

Player wears rival company Keck's - Kick off.

Any excuse to get another 30 mlion in protection off City - Standard practice.

Tick box to say they give a fuck about equality.

Think what I'm trying is.....

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
It'll never catch on............

Reactions: mat
Fair do's to Pogba, he is Muslim and believes all alcohol is wrong. Why should he have to sit there with a beer bottle in front of him at a press conference?
Even the idiots in charge of the Premier league stopped giving out champagne to the man of the match because of this.
Uefa need stopping from this blatant greed and corruption.

Sorry what is your complaint? UEFA specifically said it had no problem with alcohol being removed for religious reasons.

May have mis-heard this but wasn't it 0%?

I think the actual bottle is 0%, but in the memo sent to teams about sponsors, UEFA specifically said they could remove sponsors if they had religious reasons, so if any Muslim player felt they didn't want to sit behind a Heineken bottle, they could remove it.

I have to say, I'm not a fan of UEFA but I find the last few weeks and months have been wave after wave of people attempting to blame UEFA for every wrong in the world and it's entirely mindless.

Sponsors pay for the tournament, it can't happen without them. UEFA compensates clubs for the wages of every player at the tournament for the duration of the competition, and the way it can afford to pay roughly €4m to Juventus for Ronaldo's time is by putting a coke bottle in front of him as he speaks.

I think the actual bottle is 0%, but in the memo sent to teams about sponsors, UEFA specifically said they could remove sponsors if they had religious reasons, so if any Muslim player felt they didn't want to sit behind a Heineken bottle, they could remove it.

I have to say, I'm not a fan of UEFA but I find the last few weeks and months have been wave after wave of people attempting to blame UEFA for every wrong in the world and it's entirely mindless.
Agreed - I have no issue with that apart from it needing to be on religious grounds.

It should read more like 'if you have a genuine reason not wanting to be associated with said product, then move it out of the way.

I'm not sure invisible man in the sky (other fabled myths are available) should be considered...........

Best solution is for players to pick one of the bottles of coke or beer up during the press conference and say "would anybody like this? I would drink it myself, but it tastes shite..."
Watch them move them then!
"D'you realise there are over 17.5 spoons of sugar in this pish?"

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.