UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
DE428270-35-FD-43-E8-887-D-DBD437-F7239-C.jpg

Talk about an "agenda." This is posted without context.

NY Times sold their shares years ago.

Let's not contribute to the same problem we rail against ourselves.

Last edited:
Talk about an "agenda." This is posted without context.

NY Times sold their shares years ago.

Let's not contribute to the same problem we rail against ourselves.

To be fair, we cleared this up two pages later.

So here we are the day after one of the finest days in our history talking and worrying about this shit. I wish we could lance this boil once and for all and either admit wrong doing and tak3 our medicine or throw the entire might of our legal arm at them and have it out in court. I am fucking sick of us being called liars and cheats.
I'm with you and posted similar earlier. I also posted that should we be found not to be in breach that UEFA should have a full on, fire works exploding press conference to apologise to us for all the shit and damage to our reputation. Bunch of *****

ok , if I understand this correctly, our crime is that comercial deal with Etihad was paid directly from our owner, not everything but almost 60 million in 2015 . Our revenue now is close to 600 million. And they are going to ban us for one year from CL. Thats the financial doping we have done. Am I right ? And we are the only club they suspect of wrong doing.

A calculated attempt to damage the club's reputation and achievements. Interesting that the article came from the States....

Sorry, but the NY Times is a serious investigative newspaper and would not go about allowing such an article to be published without having real reason to believe it's sources to be legit.

I cannot see them ever being in the business of smearing City over Liverpool and Utd because they are American owned and risking their entire reputation over a sports article.

This is beyond fanciful and sad that we are at a point in time where this kind of reasoning is accepted as plausible nor can we parse the difference between those who post things on Twitter or periodicals" without strong cheques and balances within/reluctance to publish news without strong evidence versus a newspaper with such standing as the NY Times (not that the NY Times cannot be criticised, btw).

You not even trying are you. This is essentially a regional paper. Maybe 1 in every 1,000 who reads the times will actually bother to read the article. It's a "well I've heard" story, nothing more. The fact that you pumping up it's value gives the impression that aren't and never have been a blue.

Seems pretty obvious UEFA are doing this simply because they feel they *have* to or FFP loses all credibility as being enforceable, especially in the eyes of the the traditional elite clubs who UEFA are so reliant on and seem to be the rocket fuel for this whole thing.

UEFA also know that the ruling is legally unenforceable at CAS given the frail evidence but simply have no alternative than to be seen to pursue this tough sanctioning for the above reason. We meanwhile are aware we can successfully challenge the ruling at CAS but also are fully aware that there is a difference between a positive legal outcome and coming away with a positive public perception, the latter of which - let's face it - is pretty much the reason Abu Dhabi bought us in the first place.

Ultimately, disregarding that FFP is a sham concotion by the traditional elite to close the threat of legitimate new competition, and that these latest leaks are not legally incrimintating, they nevertheless are enough to prove in the court of public perception that we diddled the FFP numbers, particularly when coupled with the lack of denials we've heard from the club hierarchy itself.

So basically it's all heading towards a damaging CAS battle that will further greatly hurt our public image, UEFA's pockets and ultimately FFP's credibility, but also that neither party is currently able to get away from. Best guess is a lot of tough guy posturing for the next few months, followed by the very beginnings of a court battle, swiftly followed by an out of court settlement "punishment" without prejudice for us which we will ensure has no tangible impact on our progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.