UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Behind a paywall for me. Any chance of a summary ?

From July 2016:

Brussels will blow the whistle on Spanish football foul play on Monday with a decision that will force Real Madrid and FC Barcelona to repay illegal state subsidies enjoyed for a quarter century.

The European Commission decision will require Real Madrid to pay back €18.4m of state support from a complex land deal with the Madrid local authority, according to people familiar with the case. Real Madrid, who won the Uefa Champions League in May, and three other clubs — Barcelona, Athletic Bilbao and CA Osasuna — will also be forced to forgo a non-profit style tax privilege they have enjoyed since 1990.

Not too much in that other than the expected bile from the Echo. But it tickles me that Werner says they invested in Liverpool on the basis of FFP. Translated from the American it means " we invested in Liverpool in the firm belief that no competition would be tolerated"
I may be wrong but aren’t Liverpool being investigated for breaching FFP rules at the moment and wouldn’t they have failed FFP if they had qualified for Europe in 2013.

Not too much in that other than the expected bile from the Echo. But it tickles me that Werner says they invested in Liverpool on the basis of FFP. Translated from the American it means " we invested in Liverpool in the firm belief that no competition would be tolerated"
Standard Charter (Shirt Sponsors) fined $1.5 for money laundering main share holder : J W Henry Fenway Sports one of several yank sport franchises under investigation for, you got it, money laundering: Owner J W Henry. So the piased scouse bastards cam fuck off. Time UEFA played on a level playing field pardon the punn and investigated all of their member clubs but the old G14 will make sure that never happens. Corrupt as hell the lot of them !

I may be wrong but aren’t Liverpool being investigated for breaching FFP rules at the moment and wouldn’t they have failed FFP if they had qualified for Europe in 2013.

Not sure but, from what I read on here, the written-off "ghost ground" development costs of £50m deserve a bit more attention from UEFA, Der Spiegel and assorted interested parties in my opinion.

You’re certainly correct with the last one.

I’d say it was staggering hypocrisy from their fans, but given 99.5% of them are plastics who just know what they read on RAWK they’re probably not even aware.

Tebas at today’s Q&A (try and read it without getting wound up):

'I did read the interview,' said Tebas. 'I think there is a lot of ignorance about certain things, firstly about how financial control works in European football and ignorance on regards to financial doping. I am not at all racist. I have no issues about ethnicity.

'How can I be racist if two of my grandchildren are Arab? I would be a racist against my own grandchildren! That just shows the ignorance and how easy it is to say things without knowing all the details and people's background. You are talking the ethnicity, it's not true.

14161904-0-image-a-12_1559239695801.jpg

+5
Tebas responded by rubbishing insinuations he is racist and accused Al-Mubarak of ignorance
'People get confused when I say they are opening up the petrol and gas and finance it like state clubs. It's not the first time I've spoken about it - we had (Roman) Abramovich at Chelsea - they had a lot of losses and he covered it by putting in more money, but he doesn't do it any more.

'Jealous? That is not true. Real or Barcelona have never been state clubs, they have never received support from the state. They are clubs which have not been financed like, for example, PSG when the CAS said they had inflated their sponsorship with Qatar.

'Manchester City are pending a sanction and that is also related to sponsorship. Real Madrid and Barcelona have never had a situation like that in their history; they have never been financed by the Spanish state. I recommend he goes and studies the rules and regulations more.'

Tebas is not a figure who will shy away from making big statements and he took aim at UEFA for their plans to restructure the Champions League from 2024. He claimed it is a move that is worrying the European game and accused UEFA of 'killing football'.

'I think phenomenon of the state clubs are attacking or controlling the institution itself,' said Tebas.

'UEFA should try to stop this financial doping. The big clubs want to change the competition so they can get more money so they are able to compete with this phenomena.

'At the moment it is a very dangerous change to a new competition In my opinion it is absolutely lethal for professional football in Europe, the big leagues and the small leagues. It will kill off all the domestic TV revenues for smaller clubs.'
Never financed by the Spanish state?....was buying Real's training ground just 'not in the spirit' then?

This guy is a proper fucktard.

Apart from Standard Chartered being fined $1.5 billion for money laundering for Iran their secondary sleeve sponsor Western Union were fined $586 million in 2017 and another $60 million in 2018 for money laundering for criminals.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/us-u...g-wire-fraud-to-pay-586-million-idUKKBN1532RL

https://uk.reuters.com/article/us-u...laundering-probe-for-60-million-idUKKBN1ET24Y
You couldn’t make it up could you, eh, but never mind Liverpool’s sponsors are fair market value.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.