UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
CAS members

Who we picking, who UEFA picking & CANo.
Name Country
1. Abdullah Al Hayyan
23px-Flag_of_Kuwait.svg.png
Kuwait
2. Tjasa Andrée-Prosenc
23px-Flag_of_Slovenia.svg.png
Slovenia
3. Patrick Baumann Switzerland
4. Scott Blackmun
23px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png
United States
5. Alexandra Brilliantova
23px-Flag_of_Russia.svg.png
Russia
6. Miguel Cardenal Carro
23px-Flag_of_Spain.svg.png
Spain
7. John D. Coates
23px-Flag_of_Australia_%28converted%29.svg.png
Australia
8. Moya Dodd
23px-Flag_of_Australia_%28converted%29.svg.png
Australia
9. Nabil Elaraby
23px-Flag_of_Egypt.svg.png
Egypt
10. Ivo Eusebio
16px-Flag_of_Switzerland.svg.png
Switzerland
11. Michael Lenard
23px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png
United States
12. Carole Malinvaud
23px-Flag_of_France.svg.png
France
13. Yvonne Mokgoro
23px-Flag_of_South_Africa.svg.png
South Africa
14. Ellen Gracie Northfleet
22px-Flag_of_Brazil.svg.png
Brazil
15. Göran Petersson
23px-Flag_of_Sweden.svg.png
Sweden
16. Dick Pound
23px-Flag_of_Canada_%28Pantone%29.svg.png
Canada
17. Corinne Schmidhauser
Switzerland
18. Tricia C.M. Smith
23px-Flag_of_Canada_%28Pantone%29.svg.png
Canada
19. Wilhelmina Thomassen
23px-Flag_of_the_Netherlands.svg.png
Netherlands
20. Hanqin Xue
23px-Flag_of_the_People%27s_Republic_of_China.svg.png
China
21. Matthieu Reeb
Switzerland
22. Meles Zenawi Ethiopia

Those aren't the ones that can sit on the Panel for football cases, there's a separate list of arbitrators for football cases that runs to 104 people.

https://www.tas-cas.org/en/arbitration/list-of-arbitrators-football-list.html

We can't but we can fuly support the team,they still have to go out and play for the rest of the season,take a deep breath in the summer and see who comes and goes then decide on next season

I think I explained in my posts that I do exactly that. We can't do anymore than we are doing as fan's, this is out of our hands and will be settled far away from our gaze in a court somewhere where we are not invited.

Just wanted to let you guys know you're not alone. What UEFA is doing and has been doing for years is disgusting, inherently corrupt and is destroying football. Sport without competitivity isn't worthwhile and UEFA seem hell bent on eradicating any form of competitiveness (except where it favours their "chosen few"). They've already destroyed football in Italy by crippling us, Inter, with their sanctions and once they were done with us and we got on something approaching an even foot again, they've hunted down and are hunting down Milan (how interesting that UEFA never took the slightest interest in seeing that Juventus were punished for calciopoli or in pursuing a suitable punishment instead of the ridiculously flimsy penalty that was handed down).

It's not that the clubs they've gone after haven't compromised the rules so much as that the rules are compromised themselves. An example from Serie A, Juventus win it every year so their prize money is huge. That allows them to invest more money which increases their dominance (and lets not kid ourselves, we all know who is going to win the scudetto again this year, and the next, and the next...) which allows them to invest even more money ad infinitum. Financial Fair Play has been set up by a cartel of clubs and those in cahoots with these clubs. UEFA as anyone with even a cursory knowledge of football knows is inherently corrupt. UEFA pontificating about morals and dishing out punishments? That's like taking lessons in morality from Jimmy Saville.

I have firmly believed from day one that UEFA's FFP rules were eminently challengeable in a legal context. In what other business can you tell somebody that they can't invest their own money to grow a project??? The way City have been run since your current owners came in has been exemplary. They speculated to accumulate, an age old business practice, and having done so wisely and astutely are reaping deserved rewards. That a mafia-like organisation like UEFA is now sticking its nose in because they don't like "the new kids on the block" (and I use that term with tongue firmly in cheek; City have always been a massive club and similarly to Inter, unlike other clubs like Liverpool, United, Juventus, your and our fans don't only turn up when the team is winning).

I always hoped we would try to fight UEFA but we were in a mess because of the Moratti-Thohir-Suning ownership saga and by the time Suning came in, I think they felt it was better to just get FFP out of the way and build. I genuinely think your owners however are savvy, wealthy, well-connected, intelligent and committed enough to be the club which finally takes UEFA down from its pedestal. I have nothing but respect for Manchester City, your owners and your project and I hope as much as you do that you manage to give UEFA a bloody nose over this. If they get away with it this time, I shudder to think what the future holds for football. Whilst United are riddled with debt, Juventus have posted debt on the Irish stock exchange for the last couple of years, UEFA are targetting a club which seriously has its house in order and is a shining example for how to run a football club.

Best of luck and I will be supporting you every step of the way.

Forza City!

Thanks, and that is a seriously good post.

Nothing at all. Just lie down and take it.

Come on I want to know. We have banners, boo the anthem, support the team but you have suggested we, or rather I, am just lying down and taking it. I want to know something I don't already do that I could do that ensures we win this case.

Could be a mix of the two,every business does creative accounting,if it's more than that then fair cop,i just think we have never been wanted,we have swept them all aside,the 2 history clubs are pushing hard with people at every level,they want us gone,would they take this action about either of them? of course not,as i said before one of us is going down,the line has been drawn,i just hope we land on the right side of it
It hasn't half got the blood pumping though,this anda cup final.let's 'ave it !

That is the farce in all this though, who the hell are uefa, the organisation that enforces ffp to cater to the whim of the elite, being able to determine what sponsorship deal is to be considered fair value

It is prejudice and and biased at the very least. It wouldnt happen on the high street and it very well wouldnt even get the through the door in corporate business

Its a scam, it can be even uefa trying to blackmail clubs outside of the elite via means of fines

It is masqarading as 'fair play'....it is anything but fair play

And to those stupid united and scouse fans screaming ffp this and that...the notion of calling a millionaire that invested in a club back in the days before ffp was introduced didnt even register

It only became a thing when middle eastern money made its move into football

Until the next pinch or the one after that? Where do you draw the line? No we've took the only viable option left to us.

My view is it wouldn’t have been for nothing, but we’ve become successful in our own right since then, but it’s possible these deals are still being subsidised.

The Etihad one strikes me as strange because it seems to be around market value, I’m pretty sure Sheff United must get around £8 million so not sure why the need to subsides.

I do also wonder whether the leaks where need to City and actually one of there defence is UEFA where aware when the did the original punishment. I remember being advised we could not look to increase certain sponsorships which would indicate UEFA had considered something within the original agreement.

The good news is both sides are smart (UEFA are not the fools some envisage them to be). So it stands to reason in a battle that you would back the one who refused a deal over the one who offered one, so keeping everything crossed.

Rumour has it CAS what all information within 10 days, so I think this will move quickly (in law terms anyway).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.