UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by razman, 7 Mar 2019.

?

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

1. Two-year ban upheld

164 vote(s)
    11.9%
  2. Ban reduced to one year

416 vote(s)
    30.3%
  3. Ban overturned and City exonerated

728 vote(s)
    53.0%
  4. Other

65 vote(s)
    4.7%
  1. oakiecokie

oakiecokie

The only thing I don`t miss from "All Our Yesterdays" are the piss stones in the Kippax.

KS55 likes this.
  2. spiny

spiny

That may have been the plan. However many of these clubs have huge debts to service with no immediate prospect of revenue with coronavirus. Competitions, gatherings and travel may be restricted for some time. "A new invitation-only European Super League" may have been feasible but now could equally be folly opening a Pandoras Box that could badly backfire and see the end of them. A new competition could emerge although not necessarily what the G14 clubs have in mnd.

On one side we have a debt free, profitable, investment rich City with CFG and owners around the world but failing FFP against a proposed new European cartel league started by FFP compliant but potentially bankrupt clubs, carrying debt and needing to secure new sponsorship and investment. I would say their plans now look scuppered.

Newman Noggs and Kenward Garg like this.
  3. Kenward Garg

Kenward Garg

Team supported:
    Manchester City
    I think he’s devious and delightful at the same time. A wonderful combination.

Prestwich_Blue likes this.

ADVERTISEMENT

4. Prestwich_Blue

Prestwich_Blue

I think you meant UEFA rather than FIFA.

I'm surprised at the article which said that CAS upheld the legality of FFP, as I didn't think that was even within CAS's remit to look at. But our appeal is on the basis of due process, as you say. The process was akin to a Stalinist show trial, with the verdict known in advance and the defendant not allowed to mount a proper defence. There's the whole issue around the settlement agreement and whether UEFA even had the right to re-open this case at all. That's before any of their accusations about our conduct are even tested.

Luddite_Blue and Shaggy like this.
  5. Kenward Garg

Kenward Garg

Team supported:
    Manchester City
    I looked that up. It’s the day of the death of Julius Caesar who was stabbed 23 times. You learn something new every day.

6. manclad

manclad

City boys we are here,sh*g your women and drink yo
    Remember Kenneth Williams in Carry on Cleo - "Infamy, Infamy they've all got it infamy!!!!

SilvaisSkyBlue, Shaggy and foggy1974 like this.
  7. Kenward Garg

Kenward Garg

Team supported:
    Manchester City
    Just recently finished watching the four series of it. A devious, lying little shit who had my blood boiling at times and I was hooked. I then went on to watch Breaking Bad. It was nice to see and know the history of the characters and once again: old Heisenberg and young Jesse had my blood boiling once again because of their sheer stupidity. Alas, I was hooked and now have a huge amount of respect for Vince Gillian and Bob Odenkirk. Geniuses.

bobbyowenquiff likes this.
  8. Kenward Garg

Kenward Garg

Team supported:
    Manchester City
    Ah! Well remembered. Do you recall a rather attractive Alma Sedgewick from Coronation Street? Those eyes!!

9. the talisman

the talisman

Well if it is true that they are going to CAS with “NOTHING first hand, it's truly unbelievable” then it will be the shortest hearing in the history of CAS.
    Unbelievable indeed.
    Love to be proved wrong in the fullness of time though.

10. Blue Feather

Blue Feather

and a Blue too I think