UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah! Well remembered. Do you recall a rather attractive Alma Sedgewick from Coronation Street? Those eyes!!
Amanda Barrie. She has been on TV quite alot recently . She is over 80 years old now and showing signs of her age but still appears to be enjoying life.
And she may be a City fan in real life, if I recall correctly .

Amanda Barrie. She has been on TV quite alot recently . She is over 80 years old now and showing signs of her age but still appears to be enjoying life.

You’ve got me reminiscing about Kenneth Williams and the Carry On films in general: funny as fuck and there was always the guarantee of a bit of boob for a horny and prepubescent cent jerk such as myself.

I spent a happy day with a young Amanda Barrie when I did some extra work for Granada many years ago. Very nice too.

That may have been the plan. However many of these clubs have huge debts to service with no immediate prospect of revenue with coronavirus. Competitions, gatherings and travel may be restricted for some time. "A new invitation-only European Super League" may have been feasible but now could equally be folly opening a Pandoras Box that could badly backfire and see the end of them. A new competition could emerge although not necessarily what the G14 clubs have in mnd.

On one side we have a debt free, profitable, investment rich City with CFG and owners around the world but failing FFP against a proposed new European cartel league started by FFP compliant but potentially bankrupt clubs, carrying debt and needing to secure new sponsorship and investment. I would say their plans now look scuppered.

You make a good point and UEFA and the G14 are too closely linked to just separate when one falls. Lots of the despots from the G14 clubs are entrenched in UEFA roles and their reputations will be left in tatters when UEFA falls. The UEFA bureaucrats won’t go down alone.

There were plenty of dangerous stadiums apart from Heysel and had been for most of the previous hundred years. The loss of life at Ibrox (1902 and 1971), Burnden Park (1946), and subsequently Valley Parade (1985) and Hillsborough (1989) testify to that. None of the incidents could be directly related to hooliganism apart from Heysel.

Liverpool managed to create a media image of their fans as 'good natured scallies' that resulted in much of the blame being attributed to the state of the stadium. The fact that the stadium was falling apart and that there wasn't better segregation, is no excuse for Liverpool fans charging at police lines, breaking through and attacking the Juventus fans. In the stampede to escape, part of the perimeter wall collapsed. This allowed most to escape but 39 were crushed to death before the collapse.

I suppose that Liverpool could argue that it would not have happened if the supporters were separated by barbed wire and trenches (plus a few landmines) but it doesn't really wash.

My memory fails me momentarily... Who decided that Heysel would have the final that year?

I really hope that the “favours being called in” that @Prestwich_Blue refers to includes exposing Gill for the corrupt little shit stirrer he is... would love to see him in the dock.

I think the "favours being called in" that PB is alluding to will do a great deal more damage than that. Many may well find that insulting the Abu Dhabi establishment can lead to the presentation of a very hefty bill indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.