UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
There’s a few people on here with more knowledge than me but I think - it’s reasonable to predict that there will be no live football before September. I think the behind closed doors scenario is a figment of the footballing authorities imagination. A behind closed door event is still going to involve probably two hundred people in the ground and it’ll be impossible to stop people assembling outside. By July the emergency and essential services will be on their knees - I don’t think supporting even behind closed door games is something that’ll be contemplated.

There are probably a few different financial models in play across the PL just now but The Rags and Spurs probably have the most to worry about. Both have huge debts that they will need to keep repaying regardless of their income loss - their lenders will be very twitchy just now. Some of their debts may be secured against future income like season ticket sales - I wonder how the banks are going to react to this? Securing more borrowing- which has been United's modus operandi under the Glazier’s is probably not an option. More worrying for United is that the crumbling Glazier Shopping Mall business probably has debts secured against United. United and Spurs both think they are safe because they have scale but whether you owe $1,000 or $1,000,000,0000,00000 if you can’t pay you can’t pay and the whole lot comes tumbling down. PL clubs will almost certainly have minimal income until September, even United merchandising empire will collapse, the network of sponsors will fall away as companies cost cut, Sky and BT will probably use this pandemic to their advantage to lengthen their contract and renegotiate their payments down. It all points to a significant reduction in revenue for all clubs but some clubs that are heavily leveraged won’t be able to cope with the loss in income. United’s monthly outgoings on transfer fees (players signed in the last 3 or 4 years with payments spread), their huge wage bill (the highest in PL history), interest payments, staff costs (United have more non playing staff than anyone else) and of course all other events like concerts cancelled... will need to be added to the headache of few people renewing season tickets until they know what’s going on. I honestly think a few of our rivals might financially unravel in the coming months. Buckle up blues - it could be fun.
In the words of Alan Partridge to the Geordie in the hotel, “WHAT???”

There’s a few people on here with more knowledge than me but I think - it’s reasonable to predict that there will be no live football before September. I think the behind closed doors scenario is a figment of the footballing authorities imagination. A behind closed door event is still going to involve probably two hundred people in the ground and it’ll be impossible to stop people assembling outside. By July the emergency and essential services will be on their knees - I don’t think supporting even behind closed door games is something that’ll be contemplated.

There are probably a few different financial models in play across the PL just now but The Rags and Spurs probably have the most to worry about. Both have huge debts that they will need to keep repaying regardless of their income loss - their lenders will be very twitchy just now. Some of their debts may be secured against future income like season ticket sales - I wonder how the banks are going to react to this? Securing more borrowing- which has been United's modus operandi under the Glazier’s is probably not an option. More worrying for United is that the crumbling Glazier Shopping Mall business probably has debts secured against United. United and Spurs both think they are safe because they have scale but whether you owe $1,000 or $1,000,000,0000,00000 if you can’t pay you can’t pay and the whole lot comes tumbling down. PL clubs will almost certainly have minimal income until September, even United merchandising empire will collapse, the network of sponsors will fall away as companies cost cut, Sky and BT will probably use this pandemic to their advantage to lengthen their contract and renegotiate their payments down. It all points to a significant reduction in revenue for all clubs but some clubs that are heavily leveraged won’t be able to cope with the loss in income. United’s monthly outgoings on transfer fees (players signed in the last 3 or 4 years with payments spread), their huge wage bill (the highest in PL history), interest payments, staff costs (United have more non playing staff than anyone else) and of course all other events like concerts cancelled... will need to be added to the headache of few people renewing season tickets until they know what’s going on. I honestly think a few of our rivals might financially unravel in the coming months. Buckle up blues - it could be fun.

Ffp is just background noise, clubs will live or die by their balance sheets. For those in debt when the banks come calling it is they who will determine the outcome.

"Relaxing the rules" is another in a long list of half baked soundbites from an organisation without a clue when it comes to anything other than lining their own pockets. Why would you relax rules which have been such unmitigated benefit to football as Woody Woodpecker claims? No doubt they'll relax them on a case by case basis to make sure only the very worthy benefit.

I only hope that it's the threat of continuous and sustained legal action from City that has thrown UEFA into complete panic.

And end ultimately in them being fucked up by the judiciary and nullified.

Did I read somewhere that to help clubs with cash flow that the TV companies are going to pay clubs for the games already televised? No?
Oh.

I think September is more than a tad on the optimistic side, especially as we're being told already that the fear is of a resurgence of the virus in autumn. And when you look at your accurate "model" of a "behind closed doors" match it has to be asked what part of the present restrictions is NOT broken? Unnecessary travel? Size of grouping? Gatherings all from the same household? And so on. It's hard to see the government making a "sporting exception" to bail out a game which has come in for nothing but lectures on finance from Ministers and whose players have been called on to make sacrifices. And football authorities who seem determined to spit in the fans' eyes. It's also worth pointing out that money in the game has been a sore point with government at least since the days of Margaret Thatcher and I can't see football getting any favours from the present day bunch - especially with a European governing body determined to stop owners and shareholders dipping into their pockets.

I think you’re barking up the wrong street, over the past few weeks they’ve been strongly linked to about 2bn worth of players all desperate to pull un that famous red shirt so there must be no issue with their finances

United think this crisis will be relatively good for them and they will be able to snap up top players at reduced transfer fees. Time will tell and debt levels could count against them and Spurs. However, if Utd were to really struggle there would probably be a queue of multi-billionaires willing to buy them, especially with a World Cup coming up in the Middle East in 2022 when the mega rich can show flaunt their assets.

Match day staff are being paid until the end of the season and Utd's season ticket and memorabilia sales are likely to hold up better than most Clubs because of the strength of their brand. If Utd's income really suffers then the likelihood is that everyone other Club's including our own will. Even Real Madrid and Barcelona are tightening their belts. I am not sure we can expect Sheikh Mansour to write blank cheques and football will need to return next season unless its impossible to do so on safety grounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.