UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The biggest hit on this if true is PEP he has stated he believes there is no truth in this story If wrong doing found he could walk

Khaldoon and Soriano wouldn’t lie to Pep.

If the club had done anything wrong, they would have told him by now.

Do you honestly think Pep would walk, after all he has built, and after he has witnessed the continued Vendetta against City at first hand.

His comments about the press in this country being a tiny example of what he knows.

He knows what’s going on, and who’s involved from UEFA and the cartel clubs.

Sorry, but the NY Times is a serious investigative newspaper and would not go about allowing such an article to be published without having real reason to believe it's sources to be legit.

I cannot see them ever being in the business of smearing City over Liverpool and Utd because they are American owned and risking their entire reputation over a sports article.

This is beyond fanciful and sad that we are at a point in time where this kind of reasoning is accepted as plausible nor can we parse the difference between those who post things on Twitter or periodicals" without strong cheques and balances within/reluctance to publish news without strong evidence versus a newspaper with such standing as the NY Times (not that the NY Times cannot be criticised, btw).
No one is suggesting that the New York Times has deliberately set out to smear City. They are just reporting what is an interesting story. The question is who is leaking the information and ensuring it hits the public domain at a time which damages City the most. I am certain that our commercial rivals are involved.

Then I would be lying because it isn’t ‘my opinion’. I know for a fact how the leak was obtained as I said earlier. You know for a fact I couldn’t disclose how I know this on an open forum without throwing somebody under the bus. Therefore you and others refuse to believe me without this. I get that. I’d probably be the same but I wouldn’t go for someone like you lot have. Perhaps I shouldn’t have bothered. I’ve been burnt like this before on here and obviously haven’t learnt my lesson.

‘I fear the worst’ *is* my opinion and I hope I am wrong.

The funny thing is that if I was chatting to some of you at the match or in the pub (which may well have happened for all we know) you wouldn’t talk to me face to face like you have on here so take a look at yourselves. Those that go home and away will probably know me or at least know my face.
Fine, you don’t believe what I’ve passsed on and you don’t agree with my opinion. Don’t insult me or ridicule me, it’s unnecessary internet shite hunting in packs .
I won’t lose any sleep over you dismissing me and like I said I’m more than willing to discuss again if and when it all comes out.

I’m going to carry on enjoy our successes this week so just move on and we’ll revisit in the coming months.
Believe me I would talk to you exactly as I have done on this forum.
Its very easy for people to say "I know this for a fact ..." which then becomes confrontational for obvious reasons.
Bearing that in mind you must have very good connections with someone at the Club,a journo who has close contacts with someone from UEFA,or someone within the legal profession (sporting side)
By the way,as an individual I for one do not "hunt in packs", but you`ve hardly done yourself any favours ... something which you seem to have acknowledged.

The biggest hit on this if true is PEP he has stated he believes there is no truth in this story If wrong doing found he could walk
What are the allegations now? That is unclear. According to one paragraph in one newspaper, which it is dangerous to rely on too much, it is that City acted conspiratorially to UEFA regulation. Big deal. I would expect an organisation who saw the goalposts being moved at the last minute to do exactly that.

This is the Pep Guardiola who supports politicians jailed by the Spanish state?

@Millennium until you learn to quote, I have no interest in wading through that load of shite to try see your replies.

I stand by my previous postings.
Nothing new in this was always the likely outcome if found to have broken the rules as reported months ago but nothing has been reported till now, more media City haters trying to discredit us after stuffing the scousers who they love and hoping it effects the team before the FA cup final to stop us completing a unique treble I can read this lot like a book.

Don't have the slightest issue with the journalism here, it seems carefully couched and there's no doubt there is a story here. Shooting the messenger is daft.

I have no doubts there are elements in UEFA who are out to get City to protect the positions of the established cartel - why object to someone reporting on that?

Equally, I'm sure City have done their level best to circumvent the restrictions that were attempted. City will not be "innocent" as far as the regulations go, they object in principle to the regulations in the first place.

So it's a collision between the two. Absolutely fair to report that UEFA want to push it this way. One or two others such as Martin Samuel write about how iniquitous those regulations are.

Some will use it as a stick with which to beat City, plus ca change.

Nothing new in this was always the likely outcome if found to have broken the rules as reported months ago but nothing has been reported till now, more media City haters trying to discredit us after stuffing the scousers who they love and hoping it effects the team before the FA cup final to stop us completing a unique treble I can read this lot like a book.
Fucking hell thats one long sentence.

The plot thickens.

Originally posted by Bakerdave76 on the Liverpool thread.

A bit more digging by me.

From the Liverpool Echo.

THE New York Times Company has been confirmed as the second largest shareholder in Liverpool Football Club.

The club’s owners Fenway Sports Group released the information as required by Premier League rules which state that any ownership of more than 10 per cent must be declared.

FSG chief John Henry revealed that he and the Times group are the two biggest shareholders in the company, which owns Liverpool and the Boston Red Sox.

It was already known that the Times were significant players in FSG with their stake believed to be 16.58%.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/new-york-times-confirmed-second-3377324

71-A6-C70-E-38-C1-44-E0-B11-D-16-B0-BEB7-E6-AC.png

The plot thickens.

Originally posted by Bakerdave76 on the Liverpool thread.

A bit more digging by me.

From the Liverpool Echo.

THE New York Times Company has been confirmed as the second largest shareholder in Liverpool Football Club.

The club’s owners Fenway Sports Group released the information as required by Premier League rules which state that any ownership of more than 10 per cent must be declared.

FSG chief John Henry revealed that he and the Times group are the two biggest shareholders in the company, which owns Liverpool and the Boston Red Sox.

It was already known that the Times were significant players in FSG with their stake believed to be 16.58%.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/new-york-times-confirmed-second-3377324

71-A6-C70-E-38-C1-44-E0-B11-D-16-B0-BEB7-E6-AC.png
That story is eight years old ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.