UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by razman, 7 Mar 2019.

?

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

1. Two-year ban upheld

161 vote(s)
    12.0%
  2. Ban reduced to one year

411 vote(s)
    30.6%
  3. Ban overturned and City exonerated

706 vote(s)
    52.5%
  4. Other

67 vote(s)
    5.0%
  1. Newman Noggs

Newman Noggs

Thanks for posting this. It answers a couple of questions I've had since we appealed. The two paragraphs above I find the most interesting.

Unless I'm misinterpreting it, the first suggests that we aren't restricted to just the grounds we initially appealed on. That we could, if so minded, include the fact that FFP, itself, is a bogus construct used to prevent investment. This would dovetail nicely with the noises coming out of UEFA concerning "modernising" FFP and Wenger's Damascene conversion to our view of FFP.

Secondly, witnesses. The transition from being an investigator with the various powers that involves and making a written witness statement, to standing in the box giving oral evidence before a Court whilst being cross-examined by top QC cannot be underestimated. Believe me, there is nowhere to hide in the witness box notwithstanding that the pressure is eased slightly by not being in an actual Courtroom. We all saw Platini eviscerated by Martin Samuel in a voluntary interview. Multiply that by 50 and you'll have some idea of the pressure the UEFA witnesses will be under when Lord Pannick starts doing his stuff. God, I wish I could be a fly on the wall for this hearing.

2. Ardwick Green Blue

Ardwick Green Blue

Challenging FFP legality would be something that you would assume would take several years with absolutely no guarantee of success. If it were something that club were certain would collapse with the first hint of a legal challenge then it wouldn't be in place right now.

For me it would be a last ditch nuclear option as failure would be the end of us as a top level club.

3. give it to gordon

give it to gordon

Team supported:
    Manchester City
    I thought any restart of the premier league was without VAR as it wasnt safe to have the refs in the shed because of Corona virus

ADVERTISEMENT

4. Impeccable One

Impeccable One

Bet on it being quashed.

asahartford1 likes this.
  5. PlattLaneAroma

PlattLaneAroma

Team supported:
    Manchester City
    Wouldn't we have had to sign up our agreement to the conditions of FFP at some stage in the past ?

6. KS55

KS55

I can see it now: Dateline: June 8
    Place: Bluemoon
    Situation: Absolute meltdown, panic, hope, fear, chaos.

Draw up a chair folks, get the beers in, open the popcorn, enjoy the ride.

Bobbyespania likes this.
  7. lonestay

lonestay

The Prem will just go old skool and Anthony Taylor will be selected for all scum games .

8. Brightwells left peg

Brightwells left peg

Back in Blighty...just in time for Brexit
    There’s certain to be some panic when Pannick gets going.

Newman Noggs likes this.
  9. HalfwayUpTheKippax

HalfwayUpTheKippax

Bigger payout if you go for Greggary Peccary being exposed as James Corbett; a blue cünt masquerading as a red.

10. BlueSkinz

BlueSkinz

Team supported:
    Manchesters finest
    You've got to sign up to Amazon to order stuff. Doesn't mean their delivery drivers have the right to give the porch pirates an early Christmas.