UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If City do beat UEFA and thus we're in next season's CL, watch VAR go into hyper-super-duper drive to get United into fourth spot just in case they don't win the Europa Cup. VAR will disallow goals by their opposition before the game even kicks off.

Believe there is no VAR for rest of the season if it restarts

I very much hope you are right mate. Don’t think anyone can confidently predict how this will play out yet though.
It's not a random process. City's board has already been in contact with CAS once before and should have learned something from that process i.e. how receptive CAS would be to a 2nd appeal. We know two things: We know reasonably confidently that Ceferin offered City an olive branch and we turned it down, and we know from the CAS statement that they already have concerns about UEFA's process. That should give City fans grounds for optimism without being over-confident for we know for a decade we've been portrayed as a the 'sports-washing arm of a human-rights abusing oil-state', and that does have consequences.

It's more important to me as to how Sheikh Mansour reacts. If he stands by City then we can lose a battle but fight again.

I think most football fans know that this is a phoney war. There are no principles, no right or wrong, it's just a battle between new money and old, and the old use any device possible to keep the new out. It's to the shame of the media that they refuse to see this for what it is, and they pick sides out of commercial consideration. City fans are accused of being morally bankrupt by a media that has only ever told one side of the story.

It's not a random process. City's board has already been in contact with CAS once before and should have learned something from that process i.e. how receptive CAS would be to a 2nd appeal. We know two things: We know reasonably confidently that Ceferin offered City an olive branch and we turned it down, and we know from the CAS statement that they already have concerns about UEFA's process. That should give City fans grounds for optimism without being over-confident for we know for a decade we've been portrayed as a the 'sports-washing arm of a human-rights abusing oil-state', and that does have consequences.

It's more important to me as to how Sheikh Mansour reacts. If he stands by City then we can lose a battle but fight again.

I think most football fans know that this is a phoney war. There are no principles, no right or wrong, it's just a battle between new money and old, and the old use any device possible to keep the new out. It's to the shame of the media that they refuse to see this for what it is, and they pick sides out of commercial consideration. City fans are accused of being morally bankrupt by a media that has only ever told one side of the story.
The good Sheik will stand by City, whatever the outcome, because we are just part, but a very important part, of a global ambition. Note that the legal team will be appearing for CFG, defending a wholly owned subsidiary.
Spot on with old vs new money.

I can tell you this. If we get found guilty, then regardless of whether it’s a justifiable verdict or a complete stitch up, I won’t be the least bit penitent about anything the club has or has not done. It’s ridiculous that we’ve faced such vicious opprobrium and that we’re on trial for the “crime” of wanting to be able to invest as much as our rivals, and not be constrained by regulations deliberately designed to enable those hypocritical wankers to spend 3 times as much as everyone else. If we’ve “cheated” the rules of such a bent enterprise, then I wouldn’t say I’m glad, but I certainly couldn’t give a fuck

That is exactly it. It doesn’t mater whether you agree with the rules or not. If you break them you should be punished. You may not agree that a speed limit on a certain road is 20, but that doesnt matter, if youre caught doing 30 you will be fined and get points.

We have to be able to accept the decision and say fair enough we broke the rules and should be punished by those rules. At the same time as saying we dont agree to those rules and fair enough to the club for having a go regardless and pushing those rules to their limit. We’ve had a blast while they did so and no one can ever take those memories away.

I fear we as a fanbase get so worked up that there is an agenda at the top of the sport (which there probably is giving it is self governed by the same clubs that would do us harm). But that can not be assumed to be the case at cas. If cas (supposed independent legal body) validate the verdit we have to accept it and move on with whatever comes our way as a result. Otherwise we really will look blinkered and petty

That is exactly it. It doesn’t mater whether you agree with the rules or not. If you break them you should be punished. You may not agree that a speed limit on a certain road is 20, but that doesnt matter, if youre caught doing 30 you will be fined and get points.

We have to be able to accept the decision and say fair enough we broke the rules and should be punished by those rules. At the same time as saying we dont agree to those rules and fair enough to the club for having a go regardless and pushing those rules to their limit. We’ve had a blast while they did so and no one can ever take those memories away.

I fear we as a fanbase get so worked up that there is an agenda at the top of the sport (which there probably is giving it is self governed by the same clubs that would do us harm). But that can not be assumed to be the case at cas. If cas (supposed independent legal body) validate the verdit we have to accept it and move on with whatever comes our way as a result. Otherwise we really will look blinkered and petty

No we don’t. I wouldn’t admit anything to either the cnuts that run UEFA or the media. If we lose, I hope we stick two fingers up at them and call the verdict and the whole crooked process for the joke that it is

Surely the way the rules are applied and the fairness with which they're applied will have a bearing on how the verdict is received also. If other clubs, especially our rivals, misdemeanors are ignored and we are seen as being signalled out for unfair treatment, then simply accepting it and moving on whilst all we've achieved is undermined, may prove difficult.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.