UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by razman, 7 Mar 2019.

?

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

1. Two-year ban upheld

197 vote(s)
    13.1%
  2. Ban reduced to one year

422 vote(s)
    28.2%
  3. Ban overturned and City exonerated

815 vote(s)
    54.4%
  4. Other

65 vote(s)
    4.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deafmanstevo

deafmanstevo

Believe there is no VAR for rest of the season if it restarts

2. BAB.DAB

BAB.DAB

I wouldn't be surprised if Greggery Peccary was one of these

3. Ric

Ric

Going to have to ramp up the servers to 11!

ADVERTISEMENT

4. Marvin

Marvin

It's not a random process. City's board has already been in contact with CAS once before and should have learned something from that process i.e. how receptive CAS would be to a 2nd appeal. We know two things: We know reasonably confidently that Ceferin offered City an olive branch and we turned it down, and we know from the CAS statement that they already have concerns about UEFA's process. That should give City fans grounds for optimism without being over-confident for we know for a decade we've been portrayed as a the 'sports-washing arm of a human-rights abusing oil-state', and that does have consequences.

It's more important to me as to how Sheikh Mansour reacts. If he stands by City then we can lose a battle but fight again.

I think most football fans know that this is a phoney war. There are no principles, no right or wrong, it's just a battle between new money and old, and the old use any device possible to keep the new out. It's to the shame of the media that they refuse to see this for what it is, and they pick sides out of commercial consideration. City fans are accused of being morally bankrupt by a media that has only ever told one side of the story.

5. KS55

KS55

The good Sheik will stand by City, whatever the outcome, because we are just part, but a very important part, of a global ambition. Note that the legal team will be appearing for CFG, defending a wholly owned subsidiary.
    Spot on with old vs new money.

6. Exeter Blue I am here

Exeter Blue I am here

You’ll need double that if I’m around! I’ll drop you a line in advance if I’m thinking of coming online. I’ll be wearing my brownest trousers.....

KS55 and Newman Noggs like this.
  7. DorisBlue

DorisBlue

That is exactly it. It doesn’t mater whether you agree with the rules or not. If you break them you should be punished. You may not agree that a speed limit on a certain road is 20, but that doesnt matter, if youre caught doing 30 you will be fined and get points.

We have to be able to accept the decision and say fair enough we broke the rules and should be punished by those rules. At the same time as saying we dont agree to those rules and fair enough to the club for having a go regardless and pushing those rules to their limit. We’ve had a blast while they did so and no one can ever take those memories away.

I fear we as a fanbase get so worked up that there is an agenda at the top of the sport (which there probably is giving it is self governed by the same clubs that would do us harm). But that can not be assumed to be the case at cas. If cas (supposed independent legal body) validate the verdit we have to accept it and move on with whatever comes our way as a result. Otherwise we really will look blinkered and petty

8. g180aj

g180aj

I'll be enjoying my first birthday as a dad, the 9th however should be my first day back in work.... Better make that 12 haha

Ric and BAB.DAB like this.
  9. Exeter Blue I am here

Exeter Blue I am here

No we don’t. I wouldn’t admit anything to either the cnuts that run UEFA or the media. If we lose, I hope we stick two fingers up at them and call the verdict and the whole crooked process for the joke that it is

10. GaudinoMotors

GaudinoMotors

Surely the way the rules are applied and the fairness with which they're applied will have a bearing on how the verdict is received also. If other clubs, especially our rivals, misdemeanors are ignored and we are seen as being signalled out for unfair treatment, then simply accepting it and moving on whilst all we've achieved is undermined, may prove difficult.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.