UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by razman, 7 Mar 2019.

?

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

1. Two-year ban upheld

164 vote(s)
    11.8%
  2. Ban reduced to one year

418 vote(s)
    30.2%
  3. Ban overturned and City exonerated

738 vote(s)
    53.3%
  4. Other

64 vote(s)
    4.6%
  1. M18CTID

M18CTID

Can’t speak for the first two but I recall when the Der Spiegel articles were first published Conn was on record as saying he didn’t think the allegations were a big deal. Since then he’s gone full circle and decided to go all in on us which totally contradicts his original stance.

whp.blue likes this.
  2. 117 M34

117 M34

Will any journos be allowed to be 'in' the courtroom?
    Just wondering when it starts, will we have any sort of updates from as to how it's going

3. Another revenue stream to comply with financial fair play
    I would imagine not expect some leaking from the Uefa side though if it’s going shit for us.

ADVERTISEMENT

4. Prestwich_Blue

Prestwich_Blue

I was told by a source that football journalists at both The Guardian and The Telegraph got memos telling them what position to take on Project Restart. It's not therefore beyond the bounds of possibility that Conn took one line then was told to do a volte face.

The Guardian is the first UK national paper that I can find anything by McGeehan and Conn was the first one to quote McGeehan linking the UAE, human rights and us. Here's some interesting stuff on McGeehan, that questions just how even-handed he is when it comes to his views on the UAE and Qatar, both of which he was supposed to be monitoring for Human Rights Watch.

https://blinkeredcrackpots.wordpress.com/2020/05/17/the-man-behind-the-men-behind-manchester-city/

Roberto Manciti and cheekybids like this.
  5. Prestwich_Blue

Prestwich_Blue

Having already been criticised by CAS over leaks, they wouldn't dare.

6. Will be interesting to see if the radio silence happens from the 8-10th June to when a decision is announced in July. If we hear nothing it’s good news, the press won’t want to report a football club taking on a corrupt sporting body and winning.

7. tolmie's hairdoo

tolmie's hairdoo

Can't recall, bud. Even sarcasm can be interpreted as arrogance if that's what Uefa wanted to see?

8. KS55

KS55

Or even false leaks, the sneaky bastards.

9. We need that city fan who live screened the city game at Crystal Palace a few seasons ago :)

10. Newman Noggs

Newman Noggs

We won't as it's not a public hearing. Can you imagine it though ? It would be a three day match-day thread where it veers from one extreme to the other. Wonder how many times Lord Pannick would be called a ****.

city saint likes this.