UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by razman, 7 Mar 2019.

?

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

1. Two-year ban upheld

197 vote(s)
    13.1%
  2. Ban reduced to one year

422 vote(s)
    28.2%
  3. Ban overturned and City exonerated

815 vote(s)
    54.4%
  4. Other

65 vote(s)
    4.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chaddblue

chaddblue

He's probably sniffing for the Newcastle job

2. tolmie's hairdoo

tolmie's hairdoo

I wonder if this will finally see the two airline carriers merge?

It was mooted last year and would seem to make even more sense during this time.

How delicious it would be to see us have a say in pulling the plug on Arsenal and others.

We could always let them use Etihad instead!

3. Fred_Quimby

Fred_Quimby

Not really baffling. It would mean that journalists would have to do what they are supposed to do. You know investigate and do some digging. Never going to do that. Just take the easy way and repeat what others say - far easier. God forbid that they should have to do some work for a living.

ADVERTISEMENT

4. Gorton_Tubster

Gorton_Tubster

Baffles me too! its a story waiting to be exposed but I assume it isnt what Utd/Barca/Bayern fans and more importantly fans of football want to hear, and something this lockdown has shown me is how desparate the actual reporters are for the product to remain healthy (IE the campaign to bring football back). So I assume there is some implicit understanding that they 1 - dont attack the product that keeps them in a job. 2 - Dont attack the teams that bring in the clicks/revenue.

Some have broken ranks and tried to expose FFP for what it is but it doesnt get traction from the rest of the reporters.

Would LOVE to hear the opinions of our reporters who visit here, would like Sam Lee's pov on it.Maybe a podcast could discuss it

SilvaisSkyBlue likes this.
  5. Delboy352

Delboy352

6. Prestwich_Blue

Prestwich_Blue

Just reading The Athletic story on the Glazers and the point is made that you're only allowed to secure up to £300m ($350m) debt on an NFL franchise. And that's gone up from $250m fairly recently. That's 15% of the average value of an NFL franchise, which is just over $2.5bn, which is what United are currently worth.

So they're carrying $300m more debt on United ($650m) than they'd be able to carry on the TB Buccaneers.

7. SilverFox2

SilverFox2

Maybe but in the normal legal world.it was necessary to make cartels (we suffered a barrier to entry type of cartel) illegal which would not be necessary if high street companies were all as gentlemanly as you suggest.

8. tolmie's hairdoo

tolmie's hairdoo

And they are paying for Brady and Gronk!

9. SilverFox2

SilverFox2

I suppose a cap on debt is needed or indicated as financially safe but it does show how saying that if United can service their debt it is financially sound may have a limit?

10. paulchapo

paulchapo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.