UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m pretty sure that’s exactly what they would have counted on, cos they would have known there was no way we would ever accept a ban of any kind, never mind a 2 year one. That’s why they made it 2 years, to afford CAS the wriggle room/temptation to reduce it to 1 year, and mitigate against the prospect of them exonerating us altogether.
What makes me additionally twitchy about our chances of having the ban completely overturned is that UEFA CL revamp announcement, with coefficients based on the next 3 seasons only, and ergo with the expectation that we will be out of the equation. Given that excluding us has always been the name of the game, why make that announcement prior to our hearing, cos if our ban is overturned then they’ll have to immediately reinvent those qualifying criteria in order to exclude us on some other grounds. The only conclusion I can draw is that they are confident we won’t get the ban overturned
They may be just preparing the ground on a contingency basis. I don't believe they have any grounds for optimism about the outcome. Like us, they will be hoping, but we have more going for our belief, if only because ppl like Khaldoon don't tell lies.

Yep that’s why Gill and his history pals came up with a 2 year ban expecting it to be reduced to one if appealed but they didn’t count on us going to cas plus I feel our owner won’t settle for any ban when we broke zero rules.
Not quite true. They absolutely insisted on a 2 year ban. That's what they want as that hurts us badly.

It’s already stuck, and will continue to stick.
If CAS decide in our favour, it will be, extra lines on the City Bingo card:
‘Brown envelopes’
‘Bribed it away’
‘Corrupt’
‘They got away with cheating’
‘They may have won, but I still don’t believe it’
‘Football is gone’

Yep, the accusations will always be there even if CAS uphold our appeal. Personally, if CAS fully overturn the ban I can put up with the jibes from the bitter clueless ****s and they can shove their “Citeh Bingo” card so far up their collective arses that they can taste the fucking thing.

Exactly. We are all speculating. I will personally be very surprised if the ban is overturned completely. There are powerful vested interests massing against us. I will be disappointed, to say the least, if the 2-year ban is upheld though.
One year and a fine would not surprise me unduly.
But as I say, ii is speculation and hypothesis. As Ric says, who knows? But that's my gut feeling.
Let's wait and see.

Given Txiki's interview and body language, a happy medium isn't on the cards.

It's understandable after all the clickbait online, that people would be concerned, but once you read things through with a clear head, most of the bluster is simply just that...bluster to generate viewers. Just because its said 1,000 times, doesn't mean it is true.

City believe they have the evidence to show they have done nowt wrong and it 100% says to me that City will NOT be negotiating.

Yep, the accusations will always be there even if CAS uphold our appeal. Personally, if CAS fully overturn the ban I can put up with the jibes from the bitter clueless ****s and they can shove their “Citeh Bingo” card so far up their collective arses that they can taste the fucking thing.
YUM

They may be just preparing the ground on a contingency basis. I don't believe they have any grounds for optimism about the outcome. Like us, they will be hoping, but we have more going for our belief, if only because ppl like Khaldoon don't tell lies.

Hope you’re right about their lack of grounds for optimism. I’m Old Testament. I want our revenge on these crooked bastards to come with as much spitefulness and blood letting as we can possibly muster!

It's understandable after all the clickbait online, that people would be concerned, but once you read things through with a clear head, most of the bluster is simply just that...bluster to generate viewers. Just because its said 1,000 times, doesn't mean it is true.

City believe they have the evidence to show they have done nowt wrong and it 100% says to me that City will NOT be negotiating.

I have not seen a Txiki interview, where is it?

It's understandable after all the clickbait online, that people would be concerned, but once you read things through with a clear head, City believe they have the evidence to show they have done nowt wrong and it 100% says to me that City will NOT be negotiating.

It will be one of two outcomes; total exoneration or an upheld ban.
Yes, I do believe this a fight to the death. Uefa are taking an enormous existential risk. If I were their advisor, I would say:
"You tried to reach a deal and they told you to bog off. They protested their innocence and called the accusations 'political'. Your risk is too great. You would be well advised to drop this and, if you want to hobble them, come again at a later date."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.