UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Spot on Tolm. Even Matt Slater was saying in the Athletic just last week that United were well insulated as they had £90m cash in the bank. What he failed to realise was that they had that at the end of March, not now. So far this financial year they've burned through an average £75m net cash each of the three quarters and that's with revenue coming in.

They could easily consume another £100m+ net cash this final quarter to the end of June plus there'll be instalments on transfers to pay. Looking at their March financial statements, those transfer liabilities alone were about £90m in the current financial period. So that £140m isn't to pay for new transfers, it's for the fees of their existing players.

Remember the orchestra kept playing right to the end on the Titanic!

United's going down with a billion in the red.

China won't touch 'em, Saudis can't, Qatar can't, India won't.

I'd go as far as to say Venezuela is their only hope.

Gill is biassed at the least, but there is no evidence that CAS can be corrupted. For the final outcome to be predicated on the rags' needs would require CAS to rule that we have breached ffp. If we have not, they will dismiss the charges, surely?
What is the CAS judge is a rag they’ve got glory hunting fans the world over don’t forget. Or a fan of any other team I’m pretty sure whoever it is if they are a football fan wont have our best interests at heart

Wonder what the conversations between Gill and the history cronies to stitch us went!? Like city said at the leaks it’s attempt to discredit and damage Manchester City image!

Make No mistake Gill is the ring leader oh I wish we had shit on that crook.
Definitely Gill behind it all they have to get the rags back in otherwise it could be them never coming back he’s doing all he can to make sure it’s us. Shit or bust on both sides I reckon

I was having another think earlier about the month that comes after the actual hearing?

Yesterday I posted concerns about media speculating, supposed leaks and downright lies.

If you flip that and subscribe to a possible theory City may have somehow concocted a deal already with Cerefin, the month of purgatory would also serve it well?

During which time, all manner of leaks which carve a narrative of blame within the AC and IC could be leaked, condition the wider public to the prospect of City being exonerated and being unfairly treated.

It serves two purposes, Uefa get to throw individuals under the bus and also get the lobbying clubs off their backs.

I was having another think earlier about the month that comes after the actual hearing?

Yesterday I posted concerns about media speculating, supposed leaks and downright lies.

If you flip that and subscribe to a possible theory City may have somehow concocted a deal already with Cerefin, the month of purgatory would also serve it well?

During which time, all manner of leaks which carve a narrative of blame within the AC and IC could be leaked, condition the wider public to the prospect of City being exonerated and being unfairly treated.

It serves two purposes, Uefa get to throw individuals under the bus and also get the lobbying clubs off their backs.

Very interesting and I'm very tempted to agree but.... Wouldn't such a ruthless plan mean that the hearing must not take place? If the hearing did take place both Ceferin and City would be relying on CAS to throw the matter back for the two parties to reach a settlement. Could they rely on CAS to do this, because if we're as confident as we think/seem we wouldn't be interested in a settlement and if UEFA get a verdict Ceferin won't be able to make any deal? Or would this deal be announced 20 mins before the official ending of the hearing? But this would mean there was no month for him to use to prepare the football world for his revolution? I suspect Ceferin has an "agenda" independent of those at UEFA that he may consider dangerous fana-/luna-tics, but he'd have to be a pretty cool customer to pull this one off!

WHAM! Just realised... Agree entirely. Ceferin sees City as his ally against the G 14 and THE HEARING IS BEHIND CLOSED DOORS SO NO ONE WILL KNOW ANYTHING AT ALL ABOUT WHAT HAS BEEN SAID OR DECIDED. Excellent theory Tolmie.

a large portion of our case is predicated on Uefa leaks and them not adhering to procedures.

Tolmie, I've been following your usually very optimistic messages on here. But this one gets me worried. Are you seriously suggesting our case is based primarily on the UEFA leaks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.