UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think City are probably really feeling about 60%-65% confident of winning at CAS. No such process is guaranteed and even the best cases can lose. I'd say few cases have better than 70% certainty. The club are obviously not super confident because you can see how little we are doing in the transfer market - Chilwell is a perfect example. I think we will be very cautious until we have more certainty on the situation.

But likewise, I believe they are confident in the strength of their defence - the public statements are very bold and it seems inconceivable that Silverlake didn't get sight of a very strong legal opinion in advance of its investment. In fact its probable that CFG had to agree to a clause in the investment agreement that CFG had complied with laws, regulations etc. On the flipside, this probably also means that it is exposed to a sizeable claim (known as a warranty claim) from Silverlake in the event it is found to have breached by CAS.

I appreciate some of the very valid opinions you have given on this subject.

However, what this small poll comes out with or not is irrelevant.

Most were very confident going into the Wigan FA Cup Final but we lost. Most were not very confident going into the Munich 50 years Anniversary at The Swamp when the world and his cousin were encouraging a home victory yet CITY won away for the first time since I was there in 1974.

The fact is we do not know and all this speculation is just that.
Simply making the point that people aren't that confident of exoneration. I think the poll is probably a decent reflection of how people feel. Of course the poll is 100% irrelevant to the outcome.

I've thought long and hard about this for a while and like others am nervous of the outcome as these bastards want to get us but - I keep asking myself the "So What question"
- We have not committed a crime - we have most likely played a system
- Damage is already done - we are referred to as the Cheats by others - fuck them I don't care
- Juventus and others have cheated and been done - nobody cares

I have no doubt that if we are charged either by UEFA or even if the Premier League and the FA think about charging us, there will be a massive Firestorm from the owners of City onto not just the Premier League & UEFA but also maybe some political pressure as we probably have a vested interest in not just the UK but also in Europe.

Being guilty will totally be the wrong message for Abu Dhabi - they won't like that, so expect this to go to the highest courts

They would try to hand every trophy we have won during the last decade to the runner-up if they get their way.

They would try to hand every trophy we have won during the last decade to the runner-up if they get their way.

No they wouldn’t
Just the ones where dippers and rags were runners up
Let’s not pretend anyone cares about Sunderland stoke villa Chelsea Watford or Arsenal!!
It’s all about the ‘big’ two
Oh and miguel de looney can have the man of the match awards
If he’s not too busy eating our food in the loo while no one can see

I think City are probably really feeling about 60%-65% confident of winning at CAS. No such process is guaranteed and even the best cases can lose. I'd say few cases have better than 70% certainty. The club are obviously not super confident because you can see how little we are doing in the transfer market - Chilwell is a perfect example. I think we will be very cautious until we have more certainty on the situation.

But likewise, I believe they are confident in the strength of their defence - the public statements are very bold and it seems inconceivable that Silverlake didn't get sight of a very strong legal opinion in advance of its investment. In fact its probable that CFG had to agree to a clause in the investment agreement that CFG had complied with laws, regulations etc. On the flipside, this probably also means that it is exposed to a sizeable claim (known as a warranty claim) from Silverlake in the event it is found to have breached by CAS.

There will be no doubt some interesting items in City’s disclosures in Silverlake deal.

One thing on transfers I would say it’s not just a case that we are being cautious on transfers, players will hold off joining until they know what happens with our appeal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.