UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a thought earlier today, what happens if we go balls deep and challenge the legality of FFP through the courts, how would Uefa react if they know they are likely to lose this battle.

Could they just unilaterally announce that they have decided to drop the whole FFP regulations and would in time devise another method of regulating spend in the sport that would fall within European law?

How could we challenge a process that has been disbanded?

The problem with taking a deal is some german newspaper will release info about it in 5 years and talk nonsense about corruption and taking deals. Sure its happened recently but just can't place the names of the club or uefa official at the moment. Think it's Manchester Cheaty or something

Until the next time. We have to finish this.

The time limit on these would have passed, so unless there was something within the 2016 onwards accounts, what could UEFA do??

Don’t get me wrong it’s principled and I get it and we all know now taking the pinch when we did was a mistake (hindsight is wonderful). That was the time to do it, we had less to lose and more to gain.

They probably don’t want the same again and feel we should have took them on when we had the chance last time. I just think if it was on offer (and it’s only hearsay) it would probably have been the smart move on this occasion.

Just wanted to let you guys know you're not alone. What UEFA is doing and has been doing for years is disgusting, inherently corrupt and is destroying football. Sport without competitivity isn't worthwhile and UEFA seem hell bent on eradicating any form of competitiveness (except where it favours their "chosen few"). They've already destroyed football in Italy by crippling us, Inter, with their sanctions and once they were done with us and we got on something approaching an even foot again, they've hunted down and are hunting down Milan (how interesting that UEFA never took the slightest interest in seeing that Juventus were punished for calciopoli or in pursuing a suitable punishment instead of the ridiculously flimsy penalty that was handed down).

It's not that the clubs they've gone after haven't compromised the rules so much as that the rules are compromised themselves. An example from Serie A, Juventus win it every year so their prize money is huge. That allows them to invest more money which increases their dominance (and lets not kid ourselves, we all know who is going to win the scudetto again this year, and the next, and the next...) which allows them to invest even more money ad infinitum. Financial Fair Play has been set up by a cartel of clubs and those in cahoots with these clubs. UEFA as anyone with even a cursory knowledge of football knows is inherently corrupt. UEFA pontificating about morals and dishing out punishments? That's like taking lessons in morality from Jimmy Saville.

I have firmly believed from day one that UEFA's FFP rules were eminently challengeable in a legal context. In what other business can you tell somebody that they can't invest their own money to grow a project??? The way City have been run since your current owners came in has been exemplary. They speculated to accumulate, an age old business practice, and having done so wisely and astutely are reaping deserved rewards. That a mafia-like organisation like UEFA is now sticking its nose in because they don't like "the new kids on the block" (and I use that term with tongue firmly in cheek; City have always been a massive club and similarly to Inter, unlike other clubs like Liverpool, United, Juventus, your and our fans don't only turn up when the team is winning).

I always hoped we would try to fight UEFA but we were in a mess because of the Moratti-Thohir-Suning ownership saga and by the time Suning came in, I think they felt it was better to just get FFP out of the way and build. I genuinely think your owners however are savvy, wealthy, well-connected, intelligent and committed enough to be the club which finally takes UEFA down from its pedestal. I have nothing but respect for Manchester City, your owners and your project and I hope as much as you do that you manage to give UEFA a bloody nose over this. If they get away with it this time, I shudder to think what the future holds for football. Whilst United are riddled with debt, Juventus have posted debt on the Irish stock exchange for the last couple of years, UEFA are targetting a club which seriously has its house in order and is a shining example for how to run a football club.

Best of luck and I will be supporting you every step of the way.

Forza City!

If you are indeed a genuine Inter fan...thank you for your support and opinion.

I dont know if you are uk based or in italy...but what would be great would be to see support in your stadium at your home games. And by that i dont mean support for my club...but banners calling out uefa and ffp for the corruption that it is and how those rules are enforced to protect the inner circle

The message needs to spread

Yes chappo we watch and wait,and when we win this we shouldn't stop at just getting it overturned we should go for the blood of every bastard involved.

Totally agree. If we have any grounds against so called journalist's and who they work for in relation to slander and damaging our reputation I hope we go after each and every one.

Could be a mix of the two,every business does creative accounting,if it's more than that then fair cop,i just think we have never been wanted,we have swept them all aside,the 2 history clubs are pushing hard with people at every level,they want us gone,would they take this action about either of them? of course not,as i said before one of us is going down,the line has been drawn,i just hope we land on the right side of it
It hasn't half got the blood pumping though,this anda cup final.let's 'ave it !

Your the right kind of fan Karen!!

It’s what City need at the moment, I trust you to give UEFA hell!!

The danger is that the City Brand has been damaged massively and the achievements of the past decade are tarnished. The opportunity to compete for the hearts and minds in emerging soccer nations like China is endangered which is just what the Eufa cartel teams wanted all along.
I'll add to that as a City fan in Australia the news of this ban was all over the local news websites as the lead story, was all over the local 6 o'clock news as one of the lead stories when compared to us winning the league last season was just a sports story, same as the 93.20 moment also. Australia isn't a football country, but the Premier League is massive here so the damage done to our brand by this ban and news of it is massive.

I hope we go into a full assault on UEFA and all the clubs involved in this and expose it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.