UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

basicly martin samuel has said the top ten in the prem except for shieffield united have written to CAS to support the call for our ban to stand

Thaanks, I saw this but didnt understand the ref to the Guardian
Long time lurker on BM , but only just registered so hi to all.

The thing I find strange at the moment is the silence/lack of reaction to the Mail story on the Grauniad. They have been vehemently opposed to our owners , and our success, perhaps they are hiding something.
Can you enlighten me ?

This echoes what PB posted some time ago. Excellent news but who on earth is pulling the strings at UEFA. They must be stark raving mad.

They are literally going to stand before CAS and provide exhibits A through to Z of screen grabs of actual screen grabs, hacked emails without any evidence of their entirety or potential editing.

Fucking insulting.

So their case is, a newspaper printed this, look it must be true ????
It's even better than that the UEFA case is: "It was in a German newsaper which has subsequently been investigated by German regulators for publishing totally false stories and its all based on emails stolen by a man now facing extortion and hacking charges on a global scale. Good luck with that.

Do they have the right to demand emails from a club even under their regulations - even if we admit they exist?!
They do theoretically. Their rules state that they can demand any documents. BUT, I think they went on a fishing expedition and asked for whole rafts. That will be a fierce debate at CAS, but Soriano called the published emails 'out of context' and UEFA will probably argue that they wanted to establish the true context. Obviously I am guessing, but I wager I'm not far off.

Do they have the right to demand emails from a club even under their regulations - even if we admit they exist?!

Interesting question which is difficult to answer because we actually know fuck all for certain. However, most investigatory authorities use a standard evaluation protocol for assessing intelligence received. So, to cut a long story short, a document produced by the person who generated it would be deemed highly reliable. A document stolen by a third party, of dubious provenance which had passed through a number of hands would be deemed of extremely low evidential value for obvious reasons.

However, it may be that, in some organisations, such a document would be sufficient to instigate a full investigation which would involve asking, (or requiring depending on the powers of investigation being exercised) the subject for all emails within certain parameters, for example between certain dates or between certain people.

If, for example, the emails were too historic most people wouldn't even have them so, whilst they couldn't deny the existence of emails, they could simply say that they have been tampered with or taken out of context.

That would leave the investigating agency deciding the matter bssed on the only evidence available. I wouldn't do that myself but UEFA are a law unto themselves.

CAS can then decide the merits of that evidence and whether UEFA are right.

It's even better than that the UEFA case is: "It was in a German newsaper which has subsequently been investigated by German regulators for publishing totally false stories and its all based on emails stolen by a man now facing extortion and hacking charges on a global scale. Good luck with that.
Bear in mind that CAS is not a court and the normal rules of evidence (whatever they are in Switz.) will nor apply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.