UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have faith in the owners at our Club.

The accusations that we have acted like Cowboys dont cut it with me,it is simply an MSM smear campaign.

Our owners are Billionaire businessmen with interests all over the Globe.

They have the best lawyers, and accountants, money can buy.

Based on what i have read in the News and from informative posters on this forum.The whole UEFA case was based on stolen,extremely contentious emails.Said emails they are not even sure who the recipient was,seeing as "HH" could have been a whole number of people in the Country.

UEFA interpreted the emails as conclusive proof of an FFP violation.Even though UEFA were not 100% who the fuck "HH" really is.And they had no idea in what context said emails were sent,they could have been part of a much larger conversation.

To cover for the glaring discrepancies UEFA charges us with failing to assist their investigation.reason being Manchester City FC would only send UEFA proof of our innocence, rather than the smoking Gun they wanted.

Both City and UEFA get to pick one sitting judge each on a panel of three.

It will come down to who the 'independent' is.

It will be whoever UEFA pay for it to be.

Seriously though, there seems little point in picking one each. They’re obviously going to side with whoever picked them... that’s why they are picking them! Having just one ‘independent’ opens it up for corruption. But I suppose that’s how they like it.

Should be 3 picks by CAS.

Hence why this wont stop at the CAS hearing.

You can see what will happen at the CAS - reduced 1 year ban, reduced fine. UEFA's get out clause in the eyes of the media/cartel clubs

Thing is we cannot and should not accept, and if the supposed Ceferin attendance back in November is anything to go by, then we will not accept something that admits we are wrongly guilty

This has come to a pivotal point now with UEFA's action, a point where we have said enough is enough. We take any reduced punishment and fine and you can bet your last £1 coin that in the future UEFA will again try to punish our club/owner and extract monies in terms of a fine etc....

We have categorically stated no wrong-doing

That's what I mean, they don't like or agree with UEFA rules because it stops them from doing what they want to do so choose to be ignorant towards them and trying to use technicalities to avoid being caught out except they have been caught out this time.

So ignored them rather than be ignorant of them

If CAS are ruling on the UEFA due diligence and process, failing to read our compiled evidence etc and find them guilty, then surely they must fully overturn? If it’s not about FFP itself, that will go to an actual court, likely Switzerland.

It’s black and white this, the more I think about it. If they’ve botched their own investigation work then CAS have to throw this away. How could they possibly reduce the punishment if they rule in our favour?

It has to be all or nothing, surely?

that's the way i see it too mate, they haven't followed due process so CAS should throw it out, which would normally mean a new investigation if they so wish, but the problem with that is the 5yr statute of limitations has now well passed

but of course with uefa anything could happen

This has been raised on numerous occasions since Friday and it does have a degree of validity. Firstly we don't know if a deal was offered and if so what it entailed. Clearly if such a deale existed the club felt obliged to reject it. To say they made a "huge strategic error" is a sweeping statement unless you have knowledge the rest of us don't. My belief is rather than being offered a way out we we presented with no option but to go nuclear with them. My only concern about all this is that they have a lot more evidence of wrong doing than what has already entered the public domain if not they will pay dearly for any financial and reputational damage they may have or will cause us.

All fair points.

Im placing faith in Preswitch blue and Sam Lee in the Athletic who have both suggested we were offered a reasonable way out but we didnt accept.

You're point about the deal not being acceptable makes sense but then if you follow that through -then UEFA expect city will reject the offer and they will us ban us for 2 years. To force this situation they must have some confidence that their position will hold up ar CAS. A loss for UEFA would almost be as disastrous as for City.

As nothing is in the public domain its speculation at the moment. Will be interesting to see how this all unfolds.

If I was being a cynic, I might think that a fair few cancelled subscriptions from City fans over the weekend urgently necessitated a fairly pro-City piece on their platform.
Yeah I cancelled after that hatchet job was emailed out to me as well.

...all the indications are that CFG won't accept anything...reduction in the length of ban, removal of the ban but still a fine...other than a complete removal of all sanctions. They obviously feel that evidence has been ignored - maybe something like later emails that supersede the hacked ones that have been treated as evidence - so in effect an email was sent stating 'you sponsor us for £60 mill, but you only pay us £8 mill and HRH will pay the rest', but later an email was pinged saying along the lines of 'having given the matter further thought, we're not proceeding on those lines'.

That's why I'm hoping that they're so confident... and not because of a load of whataboutery about what other clubs with stronger links to uefa have been up to. If it is the latter, then whilst we may embarrass uefa and the clubs involved, we'll get slapped senseless whilst the authorities shout 'they're not under investigation, you are'.

Ideally we'll have evidence that contradicts the hacked emails AND evidence of the underhanded behaviour of other clubs as well.

Hacked emails can't be used as evidence so it is likely city will of provided evidence to counter it.

Don't forget the UEFA 'jury' isn't one of a criminal court, it's like asking a few blokes down the pub if someone is guilty.

CAS will be far more rigorous and critical of process rather than the result and it's the process that city will look to tear apart.

City can already demonstrate a poor process because UEFA 'judges' were leaking citys punishment before the court had started to sit......

In a regular court that case would be null and void.

It was the description of Syed as a "middle class white man talking to an audience of 99% middle class white men and women" that I was challenging. Agree that his ethnic origin does not mean that he cannot not hold racist views but the statement in bold is wrong.
Fair enough. However, you did specifically single out the racism accusation, so you can understand my confusion.

Hopefully somebody can clear this up for me?

Uefa have since stated their findings and how they reached a punishment won't be released until after CAS have now ruled?

How do CAS rule unless they are made privy to those findings, in what is bound to be a very public TV case, regardless of reporting restrictions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.