UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully somebody can clear this up for me?

Uefa have since stated their findings and how they reached a punishment won't be released until after CAS have now ruled?

How do CAS rule unless they are made privy to those findings, in what is bound to be a very public TV case, regardless of reporting restrictions?

They mean publically The evidence will have to be presented to CAS and City but the proceeding are confidential unless all parties agee otherwise

It was the description of Syed as a "middle class white man talking to an audience of 99% middle class white men and women" that I was challenging. Agree that his ethnic origin does not mean that he cannot not hold racist views but the statement in bold is wrong.
Please lads put this into a private domain , ploughing through this thread is hard enough ...please

It's not a lottery but it can be hard to predict. Have UEFA accurately reviewed and assessed the evidence before them to arrive at their verdict. We say no. They say yes. Then the third judge makes the call ultimately. He might deem the evidence we gave as being quite clear but ultimately think UEFA still were within their rights to be sceptical and made a fair and lawful decision.

I think, based on PB's posts, it is hard to see how they could have done so when this has all been dragged through a court before in relation to Etihad and it's quite clear where the funding came from. One email with HH can't be their sole reason for this punishment if City have provided justification and clarification of what that refers to and, previously, our full financial reporting.

We need more info but we won't get it until case is heard by CAS.

Actually, there is. Uefa commissioned two reports into PSG sponsorships' fair value. The reports differed widely, especially with regard to the "world branding" sponsorship from (?) Quatar tourist board. Uefa investigatory committee decided to take the higher values and even increased them. PSG fell just within the loss limit allowed and closed the case. The adjucatory committee tried to reopen it, astonished at the IC's actions, but they could not, ruled CAS.
Oh, and the chair of the Investigatory Committee? Monsieur Leterme, of course. The fact that the PSG chairman sat on UEFA bodies was nothing to do with it, nor was the world cup. Move along, nothing to see here.
......until Man City. They came after we were first reprimanded.

From Wikipedia "Syed was born in Reading, Berkshire. His father, Abbas Syed, is a Pakistani immigrant to Britain who converted from Shia Islam to Christianity, and his mother is Welsh." - please check sources before you make claims of racism.
I didn’t realise mixed race people couldn’t be racist?

U
I’m struggling with this and hope @Prestwich_Blue might have a view. On the face of it this looks like this Der Spiegel assumption being swallowed hook, line and sinker by our opponents and a simple misunderstanding has seen us fined potentially £200k. However, from memory Tabas was harping on about state funding so I wonder whether UEFA give a damn about whether the money has come from Sheikh Mansour or the EC because to them it feels like financial doping or an underhand process. I just struggle to see how it could be as simple a misunderstanding as this unless our rivals are blind with rage but there are some serious legal eagles within Uefa - so I just think the issue must be deeper than this. Are uefa that naive or that determined to destroy us?
UEFA have wrestled with the issues of how they deal with our and PSG's situation, where a club has the overt or implied backing of a state.

Bit FFP refers to owner investment and if the money doesn't come from the owner then they've a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.