UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The reality is that football needs saving from itself. The majority of football in England lives hand to mouth in abject poverty - sentimentally preserving national structures it cannot afford. A major restructure of lower league football is long overdue... Bury, Oldham and Macclesfield are the tip of the iceberg. At the upper end Football is awash with revenues from TV but there was never a guarantee that the tv windfall would last forever. Moreover, football has become greedy, wasteful and bloated and hasn’t spent its income that wisely. Ridiculous transfer fees, ludicrous agents fees and wages that simply can’t be justified on any measure - sees clubs effectively mortgaged to the hilt - clubs like United have pre spent the next 3 years Sky income and more already - Sanchez is on £2m a month and he’s got just over 2 years left on his contract - that’s circa £50m pre committed on someone who’ll probably never play for them again. This day of reckoning was always coming and football is over exposed - even football crazy people like me have tired of the sheer number of televised games, biased punditry, idiotic media coverage, VAR etc.. the game isn’t in particularly good health and needs to retreat from the corporate bollocks and reconnect with its grass roots. Football is not in a great place and unfortunately it’s has a bunch of corrupt fuckwits running it - so the future could be bleak because I see no visionaries in fact the majority of people at the PL, FA and UEFA are struggling just now to contemplate basic reality or even a sense of decency in the midst of a global pandemic.

It's only a few weeks ago that certain clubs and Journos on the ffp bandwagon against City were claiming clubs throughout Europe were in a much stronger position financially because of the benefits ffp had brought to the game. That went well.

So they are either bullshitters or plain liars - or a combination of both !

nmc I agree with everything that you have said. There is only one way to change all of that. The 1st thing to do is scrap FFP, all this does is to make sure clubs do not go to far into debt. This relies on clubs bring in the money from one season to the next. It does absolutely nothing in helping clubs bring down their debt. This goes for all the clubs across Europe. It is time UEFA got it's house in order and scrapped FFP as asap. Then I would bring in a new law, this would make the owners personally responsible for the clubs debt. I would call this COP in other wise know as CAN OWNERS PAY. Before anyone can take over a club they have got to prove that they have the money available to pay of all the creditors, and have enough money in their own bank accounts to pay off any new debts should they need to.

This is the only way that UEFA can move forward, because eventually one day the banks will come calling for the money they are owed. This would see the likes of Real Madrid, Barcelona,and Man Utd. Which could see them go bankrupt very quickly. Why does UEFA go after them because they just don't want to. If truth be known they are scared of these respective clubs. That's the one and only reason that they will not go after them. I

If UEFA comes out and says that only clubs that break even or make a profit can compete in either the Champions League or Europa League, how many of those clubs that now compete in these competitions would be able to compete. My guess is not many. maybe not even 50% of them

Portuguese hacker Rui Pinto, the originator of Football Leaks, who is facing trial for attempted blackmail has been placed under house arrest after leaving precautionary detention.

https://www.macaubusiness.com/football-leaks-hacker-rui-pinto-placed-on-house-arrest/

Apparently he has passwords to hard drives that contain more whistleblowing information. Looks like he is willing to share the data to get a reduced sentence. Hopefully all of the City are emails already out in the open but maybe he has a few more to share.

I'm outraged at the cynicism shown by Bluemooners about FFP. I feel I have to remind everyone that clubs like Manchester United, Barcelona, Real Madrid et al are quite capable of servicing their increasing debts because of the huge crowds they have attracted over many,many years and the huge sponsorship deals they make, both of which keep their cash flow healthy in all circumstances. Clubs like City, on the other hand have no exit strategy should trickle down from the big clubs dry up. FFP is there for City's good.

I like the idea of ffp, it should be imo, only about the running of a club, ie income should have to cover all running costs (upkeep of stadia, training facilities, wages, etc) where as I don't think it should cover owner investment on upgrading these facilties or player transfers.
So it's not about us, for example, if Mike Ashley want to buy neymar for £500m, as long as income can cover his wages he should be allowed, if he wants to expand the stadium by 10k seat for £120m. Both those purchases improve the club, no harm, no Foul.
Ffp should just be about income covering all outgoings, sustainability like it claims. Investment should be allowed, like in all other businesses and industries

nmc I agree with everything that you have said. There is only one way to change all of that. The 1st thing to do is scrap FFP, all this does is to make sure clubs do not go to far into debt. This relies on clubs bring in the money from one season to the next. It does absolutely nothing in helping clubs bring down their debt. This goes for all the clubs across Europe. It is time UEFA got it's house in order and scrapped FFP as asap. Then I would bring in a new law, this would make the owners personally responsible for the clubs debt. I would call this COP in other wise know as CAN OWNERS PAY. Before anyone can take over a club they have got to prove that they have the money available to pay of all the creditors, and have enough money in their own bank accounts to pay off any new debts should they need to.

This is the only way that UEFA can move forward, because eventually one day the banks will come calling for the money they are owed. This would see the likes of Real Madrid, Barcelona,and Man Utd. Which could see them go bankrupt very quickly. Why does UEFA go after them because they just don't want to. If truth be known they are scared of these respective clubs. That's the one and only reason that they will not go after them. I

If UEFA comes out and says that only clubs that break even or make a profit can compete in either the Champions League or Europa League, how many of those clubs that now compete in these competitions would be able to compete. My guess is not many. maybe not even 50% of them
The balance sheet is the only thing that counts. Control debt and you control the health of the game. Gross debt, not net based on some very dubious asset values.
As for the banks calling in debts, Barca and Real are currently untouchable: no bank in Spain can afford to lose half its customers at a stroke. Manu, on the other hand......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.