UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If we (or anyone else, for that matter) are forced to play any games without the benefit of a home crowd, it should be evened up next season by playing the corresponding away fixture behind closed doors.

Fucking nonsense, of course, and unworkable if one of the teams gets relegated but no more preposterous than playing the remaining games without crowds.

Yes, it would be very interesting if UEFA actually explained how far FFP has been relaxed. Or maybe it will find a way of only allowing certain clubs to benefit. How will it possibly deal with the fall out if a large number of clubs go bust largely because of FFP? After all these regulations have succeeded in ensuring the financial stability of the European game and its clubs and are essential to its future prosperity.
I had read that they were supposed to relax FFP only for that one season impacted by the coronavirus crisis (maybe more seasons if they are also impacted). Thus, PSG or City couldn't just drop 3 billions in the market because they would still be under the scrutinity of FFP for the remaining years of those contracts (usually players sign 5 years contracts).

The clubs likely to benefit from this measure are the clubs more dependant on their TV and sponsors income than PSG and City in a FFP-free world. They will be allowed to comply with FFP with less severity and much more time than usual. A club like Milan AC who was having it hard to comply could benefit from it. Same with Olympique de Marseille. And obviously, your Real, Barça, Liverpool, Tottenham and co. who can usually pass the FFP test but have trouble in this crisis.

In the case of PSG, we could imagine Accor Hotels, a group hugely impacted by the crisis due to the nautre of their activity, not paying their full share if football doesn't come back on our screens. PSG could then tank it through owners fund and FFP would allow it for this particular reason. This is hypothetical as Bazin the CEO of Accor announced they have already paid their full sponsorship for the 2019/2020 year. You can apply the same for City.

More so than the sponsors, the broadcasters are the one not paying the league and subsequently the clubs right now.

@Prestwich_Blue i know ffp has been relaxed to help clubs at the moment,does that mean owners are allowed to put money in? I keep seeing us with our owners weath means we will be ok,i am a bit confused,ta
I'm not quite clear Kaz. They appear to have relaxed the rule on 'overdue payables' and have apparently said they would take 'force majeure' into account when looking at a club's finances. But I've not specifically seen anything to suggest that they've abandoned FFP altogether for next year.

What will Cerefin and his cronies do if the British Government comes out and says that there will be no flights in and out of the UK except for those flights that repatriate citizens to their home country. This lockdown needs to stay in place for at least until the end of May at least. I know that for a lot of people it will be hard. It is hard enough for me. I am self isolating because I have heart problems. Therefore I need this coronavirus eradicating completely. There will be plenty of supporters of other clubs in the same boat as me.

We need 2/3 days where there is no reported deaths or cases of Coronavirus. before the lockdown is removed. Then and only then can we think about restarting this football season. To do so would be disrespectful to the families off all those who lost their lives to this coronavirus.

Stay safe and save not only your own life but the lives off your family and friends, by staying in as much as you can.

Not even. Once the lockdown is over, the return to normality will be slow and measured starting with essential businesses (which I suspect doesnt include anything scouser-related). Any sign of material re-infection rates, and the shutters will come back down.

I'm not quite clear Kaz. They appear to have relaxed the rule on 'overdue payables' and have apparently said they would take 'force majeure' into account when looking at a club's finances. But I've not specifically seen anything to suggest that they've abandoned FFP altogether for next year.
Thanks lovely,just media getting digs in then

Because they don’t make any money from us winning simple as
That's rubbish really, the way we won it in 2012 made money round the world from new TV deals, a title rivalry within a City, going to the 94th minute in the last game of the season, with a reverse the likes nobody will ever see again.

They want that every year, but its not hard to "create", the only better outcome that day, would have been united robbing us of the title in the 94th minute, though it was only the "creativity" that got it that far.

It would be expected that someone in the press would have picked him up on that this season as Liverpool amassed their lead in an interview and actually had the balls to push him for his ideas on why the dippers situation differs from our title winning season in relation to how it affects the Premier League stature, you know an interviewer with some actual cajones rather than some line toeing lickspittle

That's rubbish really, the way we won it in 2012 made money round the world from new TV deals, a title rivalry within a City, going to the 94th minute in the last game of the season, with a reverse the likes nobody will ever see again.

They want that every year, but its not hard to "create", the only better outcome that day, would have been united robbing us of the title in the 94th minute, though it was only the "creativity" that got it that far.
They make more money if the scousers or united win it they’ve never wanted us to win it

Premier League chief executive Richard Scudamore hopes defending champions Manchester City face a stiffer challenge in the coming season.

City sealed the title with five games to spare last term and finished 19 points ahead of second place.

"It doesn't take away from City's excellence, but we want the season to go to the last," said Scudamore.

"I'd like multiple trophies needed in various locations on the last day because we don't know how it will end."

Scudamore, who will end a 19-year tenure in December,added: "I'd like someone to get a little bit closer to Manchester City.

"Clearly, given the way they played last season, they look like the team to beat

He wouldnt have said that if the dippers had won with their big margin

Last season he said this

'It's an incredible situation and Liverpool will probably not win the league and that's very sad in some ways

Before that the brands need a succesful rags team

Never has he said us winning the title is a good thing
It's bad for business......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.