UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
A couple of things re De Bruyne - there won’t be any CL football as we know it for about 12 months anyway due to the pandemic

But let’s put that to one side - who’s going to buy him then pay his wages? Not many(any) teams are going to have 150mil and 300k-a-week lying around after the economic hit all clubs will take

Him leaving isn’t something I’d be losing sleep over.
He'll be going nowhere as ultimately £££'s will end up the important factor.

However, his comments aren't to say the least well timed. I always thought he was intelligent enough to not say stuff like this but, maybe I'm blinded by sky blue shirts.

Yeah and linked to the scum who aren’t in the champs league and will be losing shit loads with no home games plus a massive debt to service! Oh they keep going on that the rags are loaded can spend shitloads if that’s so why they don’t pay more I Of there debt off? Instead it went up 70m!

As other people have said he has three years left on his contract. So we are in a strong position. Kev is one player who could still demand a big fee, though as i have said on another thread, apart from a handful of players the transfer fees will be minuscule for a while to come.
Kev has always been very careful in what he says, he laughs at the British media. However a two year ban for him may take him past his prime.
After this is over the scouting system will be even more important. We have just acquired two young World talents, and we have more at the club already. We will be fine whatever happens with one or two stars. Treble last season with injuries and more trophies this season without Laporte and Sane.

As for United, De Bruyne would not be going there. They still have plenty of deadwood to clear out, the highest wage bill, a defensive boring style, a novice manager, a CEO who doesn't know whether he is going for a shit or a haircut, and a ground not fit for purpose.

He'll be going nowhere as ultimately £££'s will end up the important factor.

However, his comments aren't to say the least well timed. I always thought he was intelligent enough to not say stuff like this but, maybe I'm blinded by sky blue shirts.

It puts him in a strong position when it comes to wage deferrals - they won’t be asking him first, put it that way

The world is a different place to when City had this chucked at us on Valentine’s Day. From Uefa to the likes of the dippers and the rags they are all running for cover with very few owners having the resources to weather this storm.
Or they do have owners with the cash to weather the storm, but they'd rather ask the taxpayer, those who already struggle to pay to see their teams, to give them a handout.

A couple of things re De Bruyne - there won’t be any CL football as we know it for about 12 months anyway due to the pandemic

But let’s put that to one side - who’s going to buy him then pay his wages? Not many(any) teams are going to have 150mil and 300k-a-week lying around after the economic hit all clubs will take

Him leaving isn’t something I’d be losing sleep over.

German Rags have just put bid in for 40 million and very confident to secure his services along side Sane

As other people have said he has three years left on his contract. So we are in a strong position. Kev is one player who could still demand a big fee, though as i have said on another thread, apart from a handful of players the transfer fees will be minuscule for a while to come.
Kev has always been very careful in what he says, he laughs at the British media. However a two year ban for him may take him past his prime.
After this is over the scouting system will be even more important. We have just acquired two young World talents, and we have more at the club already. We will be fine whatever happens with one or two stars. Treble last season with injuries and more trophies this season without Laporte and Sane.

As for United, De Bruyne would not be going there. They still have plenty of deadwood to clear out, the highest wage bill, a defensive boring style, a novice manager, a CEO who doesn't know whether he is going for a shit or a haircut, and a ground not fit for purpose.
I wish I could go for a haircut!

We should never concern ourselves with this player or that player leaving. Worst case scenario our 2 year ban stands and KDB, Bernardo and one or two others leave. We get top dollar for them relative to how the transfer market stands at that time so we can reinvest the money in younger up and coming players on 5 year contracts to make up for the lack of CL money. That's an advantage we never had when all this started.

And you don't need a team of superstars to win the league. Amongst all the talk of the money we spent, people forget we won the league in 2012 with the likes of Joe Hart, Jolean Lescott, Micah Richards, Gael Clichy, Gareth Barry , Adam Johnson and James Milner. We had non-household names like Nigel de Jong and Edin Dzeko whilst David Silva, Aguero and Toure joined us notwithstanding no recent history of success.

I'd enjoy the ride with even more gusto now that I know, rather than suspect, what we're up against.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.