UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Link to the article is here:

https://theathletic.com/1823289/2020/05/20/man-city-cas-manchester-ffp-hearing-champions-league/

I think there is a 90 day free trial at the moment.

The Premier League ban section as follows:

"A Premier League points deduction is a possibility.

The Premier League has been investigating City, but it appears to be waiting for UEFA and CAS’s decisions before announcing their stance. The Premier League has its own FFP regulations, although they allow for far greater losses than UEFA does — an English top-flight club would have to make losses of more than £105 million before any punishment, which could include a points deduction.

This area is tricky as City have been found guilty by the CFCB of overstating their revenue — it is not clear whether, or by how much, City would have breached UEFA’s FFP “break-even requirement”, meaning that clubs cannot spend more than they earn. If it is established at CAS that City would have made big losses, it would be easier for the Premier League to act.

However, one hitherto overlooked element of this whole case is section J7 of the Premier League handbook, which covers “UEFA Club Licence Applicants”:

“Any club making a false statement (whether made verbally or in writing) in or in connection with an application for a UEFA Club Licence or falsifying a document produced in support of or in connection with such an application shall be in breach of these rules and shall be liable to be dealt with in accordance with the provisions of Section W of these rules.”

The article is by Sam Lee and Matt Slater which means it is written by Matt Slater who is the real snake here. I've said before I like lots of Sam's mainstream City articles but he doesn't know what he is talking about with regards FFP and he is incapable writing that article by himself.
This article makes no reference at all to the fact we have already been punished for failing the break even test over this time period. Our accounts were presumably signed off by auditors at the time and accepted by UEFA and the PL. What evidence does The Athletic have that we "falsified our accounts." That evidence is not in any of the Der Spiegel emails.
So the Athletic is effectively accusing City and our Auditors of committing a criminal offence. I hope they have good lawyers.

I think you’re right, I’m just worrying out loud. To me this is almost as big a thing as winning the league was in 2012, win and it gets a big monkey off our back and with uefa cowed it gives us carte blanche to do what the fuck we want transfer wise.

Despite our fortunes turning for the better, the psyche remains that we will somehow fuck it up, goes back to whence we came (which, last time I looked, was about 8th in the Premier League table)

I do think Soriano's in-house to camera piece gave a possible insight into how the wind was blowing?

He was at pains to underline that we have many friends at Uefa. For me, that shows we have already made it clear to them privately this is not about us coming after them as an organisation?

Cerefin's comments today again distance UEFA from the 'independent' bodies who found us guilty. Both City and Uefa are making provision for an outcome that gives both sides no loss of face?

By that same premise, plenty of people will be disappointed that we have no plan for a scorched Earth Uefa policy - because we have no need to?

Wonder how long it’ll be before we have the usual apologists claiming what a lovely guy our Sam is and that he’s got City’s best interests at heart.....

He’s a fucking pondlife.

Not to mention having been about as wrong as it’s possible to be, re his prediction that we would not be banned by the IAC

That's just someone making up as they go along - 2+2

Pathetic - City are already pressing ahead on targets - the Silver Lake money is paying the day to day bills.

Lucky we have little debt and plenty of cash... I wonder when the financial cracks will start to appear at Spurs, United and others?

Whatever the outcome I can see more consideration given to the wording than the verdict itself with legal beagles all over it.

From a CFG point of view, it opens the door to a litigation orgy regardless of the outcome because due process will have been served and so to open to the option pursuing in the proper legal courts.

I meant Soriano Edited.
Sure the policies and strategies he followed, had Khaldouns backing. Besides even if we lose doesn’t mean we were wrong. Fairly sure everyone from the owners down to Soriano are all in it together and will move on together win or lose.

cheekbid's don 't you know the bosses at the Premier League think that what Dippers, Rags, and the Arsen say it is always right. Even if they know that what they are saying is a pack of lies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.