UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
200w.gif

Caught them on hidden camera
Alway good to see blue beat red .

AC is made up of more than a single judge, they can only look at the evidence from the IC who rushed through their verdict due to the 5 year time rule. City have stated public that their evidence, 200 page document wasn’t considered. I think you should look at the history of the lead investigator Leterme, he’s dodgy to say the least In the PSG case the AC were aghast at his conduct

Maybe you will or maybe you won’t I hope you do

Regardless of what anyone thinks of the 2014 judgement, the fact that the 5 year timeline was pretty much up, and that the case was reopened at the very last minute is alone shady enough. Let alone having the case reopened due to an international hacking scandal.

Regardless of who you think is behind this: G14, UEFA, teams in red, the PL, geopolitical warfare, or maybe even a disgruntled former employee. It smacks to me of someone behind the scenes pulling the strings of the UEFA muppets for their own purposes. There are way too many coincidents at play here. Someone with complete knowledge of our operations, with a vested interest, and an axe to grind has probably shaped the process thus far.

I could also be wrong and it could just be all of the above individuals.

I keep coming back to it , but the Bosman case demonstrates just how arrogant and downright wrong uefa could be.
I’m sure they approached that case supremely confident that they were going to succeed, supported by the views of various expensive ‘legal experts’ that this was the case, only to be given a rude awakening by a relatively unknown Belgian footballer and his relatively unknown lawyer, who showed that the properly constituted law, not uefa’s notions of ‘what’s best for football according to us’ applies.
In fact , that is what the ECJ pointed out to uefa in no uncertain terms.

Exactly, and as I linked right at the start , the words of a legal expert, that UEFA cannot purport to be running a fair and unbiased process if it is going to act as judge jury and executioner !
They are arrogant and deluded beyond belief.

I don’t know. We’ll find out in due course.

As others have said, if we disputed the accuracy of the content of the emails we’d have surely raised that by now.

It seems like we’ll be arguing the interpretation of those emails against our accounting methods as well as the various rules of UEFA regarding previous accounting periods, settlement agreements etc.

The emails were not digital they wee photocopied and were blacked out in parts! that could make them look out of context and manipulated.

Difficult decision for CAS, lots of people taking up positions on either side of the fence.

I dont think anyone can be truly confident of their outcome being announced in July.....

My preferred outcome would be

CAS to exonerate City on all major charges and x2 year CL ban and associated fines to

be overturned. However, City to be found guilty on some minor technicality resulting in

City being banned from wearing new third kit in any round of next years CL campaign

Playing devils advocate given we will all be over the moon if it is quashed by cas. And if we’re honest we have nothing more than hope and interpretation of the words of our directors on this.
Unless anyone wants to own up now?

If it isn’t overturned and is infact validated by cas, will anyone accept that decision? In the same way we would demand rival fans accept the decision if it was overturned.

Playing devils advocate given we will all be over the moon if it is quashed by cas. And if we’re honest we have nothing more than hope and interpretation of the words of our directors on this.
Unless anyone wants to own up now?

If it isn’t overturned and is infact validated by cas, will anyone accept that decision? In the same way we would demand rival fans accept the decision if it was overturned.

No because the club won’t accept it they will take it further.

Well Omar Berrada was quite vehement that we wouldn't be doing any deals with UEFA and that we sent Ceferin away empty handed. Spoke to a couple of my CM colleagues today & both confirmed he said that. Soriano was quite clear in his video interview. And I do know that Khaldoon is 100% sure we'll win this and that's not bravado. These guys' reputations and honour are on the line.

I'm nervous nonetheless but I'm also sure we've got an ace or two up our sleeve.
Presuming this is correct, someone is going to be in a lot of trouble for not taking them up on their offer if we end up getting the 2 year ban

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.