UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Playing devils advocate given we will all be over the moon if it is quashed by cas. And if we’re honest we have nothing more than hope and interpretation of the words of our directors on this.
Unless anyone wants to own up now?

If it isn’t overturned and is infact validated by cas, will anyone accept that decision? In the same way we would demand rival fans accept the decision if it was overturned.
Rival fans will never accept the decision if we win, they have already won the perception war.

Playing devils advocate given we will all be over the moon if it is quashed by cas. And if we’re honest we have nothing more than hope and interpretation of the words of our directors on this.
Unless anyone wants to own up now?

If it isn’t overturned and is infact validated by cas, will anyone accept that decision? In the same way we would demand rival fans accept the decision if it was overturned.

I'd only accept it if we had a full impartial summary of all the evidence submitted

Rival fans will never accept the decision if we win, they have already won the perception war.
I couldn't give a fuck what Liverpool* and rag fans think. Match-going fans of other clubs that I've spoken to have generally held the opinion that UEFA are as bent as a £3 coin anyway so I doubt that their opinion of City - good or bad - will change that much based on the verdict.

I couldn't give a fuck what Liverpool* and rag fans think. Match-going fans of other clubs that I've spoken to have generally held the opinion that UEFA are as bent as a £3 coin anyway so I doubt that their opinion of City - good or bad - will change that much based on the verdict.
Unfortunately popular opinion is now enshrined in UEFA qualification.

The process absolutely seems questionable. I’m sure we’ll question it thoroughly. That’s what CAS seemingly look at, the process of what transpired against the rules that each party signed up to. Leterme is also not without his faults, but he ultimately didn’t sign off on this, even if he was the public narrator.

I’m aware that CAS will now give us three judges as opposed to one. However it seemed overlooked to many that a proper, high standing judge had reviewed our case and decided we we worthy of a two year exemption from the Champions League (plus associated revenue costs) and a €30m fine. Somewhat unprecedented measures. It wasn’t Gill and Parry et al that eventually found us at fault, it was a high standing European judge.

I reiterate, I hope we can deliver a conclusive argument that clears us of all charges and leaves no doubt about our innocence. I’d personally take an exoneration with loads of hanging questions marks right now just to move on! However I think the mere fact we’re in this predicament suggests we’re not as on top things as we think/ hope and there are weaknesses in our position that we need to get leading legal people to fight.

Time will eventually tell what these eventualities look like, but we inevitably have some sticky areas that we need to explain. The fact we decided to talk about aspects of these areas in email correspondence seems pretty poor judgment by those involved, given their professional standing.

I’m sure in all our walks of life we occasionally make poor decisions, but in a very public facing business these could be subject to serious exploitation. We’ve been exploited via hacking to defend a case other parties wanted answering almost since our takeover and were openly pressuring UEFA about investigating. We paid our high ranking people significant sums of remuneration to hopefully avoid such eventualities. Alas, it didn’t workout because we made internal errors of judgement that were leaked, reported and then collated to make us, at this stage, in breach of regulations, even if those regulations are not seemingly very fair from an objective viewpoint.

I think it is though fair to say UEFA will be told some of their processes are poor etc. but will that be enough for them to lose the case?

Time will tell and it depends what we can prove/ have up our sleeve.
Good grief! So many words without saying anything
Read what I said about the process UEFA’s AC is NOT just ONE judge and they ONLY consider what has been presented to them by the IC. The AC maybe “independent” but are paid by UEFA the head of the AC is a human rights advocate he may well have allowed his personal views to influenced him when considering City’s case The whole UEFA FFP process is highly flawed

Presuming this is correct, someone is going to be in a lot of trouble for not taking them up on their offer if we end up getting the 2 year ban
That someone will be Khaldoon himself so I don't think that is a problem, it has already been said that if we lose this then the next option will be to take UEFA to court for FFP itself. No one has previously done this because of what is involved but I don't think that will be a problem, this is a lot more than just City being banned from the CL now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.