UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Playing devils advocate given we will all be over the moon if it is quashed by cas. And if we’re honest we have nothing more than hope and interpretation of the words of our directors on this.
Unless anyone wants to own up now?

If it isn’t overturned and is infact validated by cas, will anyone accept that decision? In the same way we would demand rival fans accept the decision if it was overturned.
Accept the decision that we fell foul of rules deliberately placed to trip up Manchester City and are just about to be “relaxed” because it now suits G14? Those rules? The rules which I believe would be deemed as anti competitive in any other industry?

In short no.

Yeah, I think the club would contest any form of punishment. Not sure they’d be able to fast track that before next season starts though. If CAS uphold the verdict (or reduce the ban to one year) we almost certainly won’t be in next season’s CL draw.

Surely we’d be allowed in until our appeal is completed in the courts otherwise we’d be possibly wrongly punished

Playing devils advocate given we will all be over the moon if it is quashed by cas. And if we’re honest we have nothing more than hope and interpretation of the words of our directors on this.

If it isn’t overturned and is infact validated by cas, will anyone accept that decision? In the same way we would demand rival fans accept the decision if it was overturned.

I can tell you this. If we get found guilty, then regardless of whether it’s a justifiable verdict or a complete stitch up, I won’t be the least bit penitent about anything the club has or has not done. It’s ridiculous that we’ve faced such vicious opprobrium and that we’re on trial for the “crime” of wanting to be able to invest as much as our rivals, and not be constrained by regulations deliberately designed to enable those hypocritical wankers to spend 3 times as much as everyone else. If we’ve “cheated” the rules of such a bent enterprise, then I wouldn’t say I’m glad, but I certainly couldn’t give a fuck

I would accept it if I saw firm evidence of our supposed crime. The problem with UEFA's two year ban and us lot not accepting it, is that we have not seen the evidence to back it up other than the leaked emails.

If we fail at CAS and get full documented reasons why and 100% firm evidence that we have broken rules, then I would accept it and I would expect heads at the club to roll.

Last edited:

I can tell you this. If we get found guilty, then regardless of whether it’s a justifiable verdict or a complete stitch up, I won’t be the least bit penitent about anything the club has or has not done. It’s ridiculous that we’ve faced such vicious opprobrium and that we’re on trial for the “crime” of wanting to be able to invest as much as our rivals, and not be constrained by regulations deliberately designed to enable those hypocritical wankers to spend 3 times as much as everyone else. If we’ve “cheated” the rules of such a bent enterprise, then I wouldn’t say I’m glad, but I certainly couldn’t give a fuck

Absolutely spot on. Even more, if we were unable to comply with rules designed specifically to prevent us complying, then I'd be raging if we hadn't done what was required regardless of the consequences.

And, as it happens, whether we've complied with their "rules" or not, the consequences so far have been fucking wonderful

Surely we’d be allowed in until our appeal is completed in the courts otherwise we’d be possibly wrongly punished
I think we can only actually appeal the CAS verdict on very limited grounds (such as procedural rules not being followed etc), not just that we didn't agree with the outcome. Presumably the next step, if we lost, would be to challenge the very legality of FFP itself. They wouldn't suspend any CL ban for that.

If City do beat UEFA and thus we're in next season's CL, watch VAR go into hyper-super-duper drive to get United into fourth spot just in case they don't win the Europa Cup. VAR will disallow goals by their opposition before the game even kicks off.

If City do beat UEFA and thus we're in next season's CL, watch VAR go into hyper-super-duper drive to get United into fourth spot just in case they don't win the Europa Cup. VAR will disallow goals by their opposition before the game even kicks off.
The minute the ban was announced, VAR went into overdrive to get them to 5th place. Several dubious decisions went their way, probably the worst one being Everton’s last minute winner not given. Dodgy as hell

Well that and the complete mockery that Chelsea could be without Kante due to Covid yet the league will just carry on as normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.