UEFA FFP investigation - CAS hearing concludes - decision expected in July

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by razman, 7 Mar 2019.

?

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

Poll closed 10 Jun 2020.
  1. Two-year ban upheld

133 vote(s)
    11.8%
  2. Ban reduced to one year

383 vote(s)
    34.0%
  3. Ban overturned and City exonerated

545 vote(s)
    48.3%
  4. Other

67 vote(s)
    5.9%
  1. Brightwells left peg

Brightwells left peg

Back in Blighty...just in time for Brexit
    “FFS Panick”

FrankSwift1 and KS55 like this.
  2. KS55

KS55

A good rundown, thanks for posting.
    Incidently, in order to justify the words "the men behind manchester city" (because nobody featured as a torturer had anything to do with City) Mc Geehan had to pretend that Mansour did not own the club, but was a stooge, a front for others.
    He has changed his position several times: once admitting that UAE did not own City but had a major influence, later reverting to the government ownership claim.

cheekybids likes this.
  3. KS55

KS55

FFS, Pannick.
    Oops, just seen I was beaten to it!

ADVERTISEMENT

4. malkie

malkie

Illuminating indeed, an excellent read. I don't know about 2 horses and 1 bum, more like, more faces than big ben.

5. Prestwich_Blue

Prestwich_Blue

They should live stream it to the Etihad. There'd be no empty seats and no fucker leaving early to miss the traffic for that one.

6. richards30

richards30

If it happens That club officials do indeed attend the hearing, will khaldoon be one? I assume this is of the upmost importance regarding the club and he would want to be there?

7. KS55

KS55

Lord Pannick and his team take to the stage to the strains of 'Blue Moon', the sky blue flags are waving, the sun is shining, and we are all set for a game billed as
    'the existential play off'.
    Manchester City taking on UEFA? You're having a laugh.

Mikeegrini likes this.
  8. BluessinceHydeRoad

BluessinceHydeRoad

This confirms my belief that UEFA is at least in danger of getting involved in international affairs, if it isn't already, through the determination of certain clubs to put and end to competition from City. The claim is that UAE are using City for the purpose of "sportswashing" and I'll leave individuals to make their own minds up on that, but it is clear that Qatar are using football as part of campaign in pursuit of interests in the Gulf and beyond. and its a campaign that has many heads. Clearly a number of journalists have agreed to toe the Qatari line, as the article shows. The other sinister aspect of the article cited above is that these hacks have received information leaked from the IC, and this strongly suggests links between members of the "fully independent" process and Qatari mouth pieces. Throw into the mix the presence of al kalaifi on UEFA's executive council and we have an alarming web of anti-City agents, of which UEFA is a central part. When one considers the "friends" of Sheikh Mansour and UAE and one takes into account the fact that Qatar's purposes go way beyond football, UEFA is getting involved in matters which could well lead to ruin and prison. If Ceferin has a whiff of this no wonder he wanted to do a deal with us and if City have one iota of evidence of this no wonder we sent him packing. My "narrative" is based on purely circumstantial evidence, but if City can establish any link between Qatar, the Der Spigel reports, the IC leaks and the stolen emails then Ceferin had better get ready to swing an axe. UEFA could be in it well over its head.

9. blueparrot

blueparrot

I’m sure he’d be available but the legal teams will be very well briefed with all the available evidence and more than capable of dealing with everything.Doubt he’d sit through the whole thing.

10. whp.blue

whp.blue

They are all the same will print anything as it is better than printing nothing.
    Especially as it would appear the club have allowed them to do so unimpeached!