UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
My confidence is that Pep surely wouldn't be making reference to next seasons competition if we had lost? He would look a bit of a clown if he was talking about points needed to qualify, if he already knew we were banned.

I hope you're right, but playing Devil's Advocate, you could also argue that Guardiola is deliberately taking that stance, because if the ban is upheld, he can turn to the media, and claim that he's been misled by the City hierarchy. (and to be fair, I wouldn't blame him, because I'd feel the same way)

Why is leaking the details not even to get off on a technicality? Wouldn't that mean that they didn't follow their own written protocol?

It doesn't work that way at CAS. Leaking is irrelevant (although frowned upon) - some of the panel will consider it potentially indicating that UEFA did not act wholly objectively but it won't influence the final decision and certainly not be a technicality to dismiss the case.

I'd agree with you in most cases, the high moral ground is the best place to be. In this case however when you are fighting against a filthy underhand cabal you have to get your foot on its metaphorical neck and squeeze like a bugger.

Most media outlets are against City on this so there would be no benefit in leaking information. Even if it went to one of our preferred outlets it would go against our reasoning for accepting a delayed announcement to avoid the draw tomorrow.

We're best to have our own official statement released and to allow the media to then digest and write about that.

It would also undermine our position in any future battles with UEFA, where at the moment we are collecting evidence as to why there's an agenda against us and their breach of protocols. If we go and do the same CAS will not be as concerned by what UEFA have done.

I doubt the club would’ve found out that early.

Why?

Genuine question btw. It's my interpretation, and your interpretation, we are both making assumptions on loose observations of what is available in the public realm, so in no way am i looking to argue it, just curious what you base that on.

The Cas procedure states the parties are notified, once the decision is reached, ahead of the verdict being written up and made public. It doesn't say when that is or should be. There is then another period of 3 months where they pull together the full justification, and that period is stated as 3 months.

So in reality, both parties (or should i say any two parties) Could theoretically know a week after a hearing, if that is when Cas reach a decision. Not saying that is what may have happened, just that no timeframe is impossible.

Imho, Cas wouldn't have defined a date for public announcement, without having made a decision. And if they notify parties once they make a decision, ahead of writing up the verdict, it is entirely plausible the club have known since we have known the date. After all, that is what, leas than 2 full weeks before the public announcement? or in fact bang on one week before the supposed original planned date of the 10th. That isn't actually that far in advance, imho, i doubt cas judges write up the verdict in less than a week.

Which, as i say, councides with pep's positive comments, and other reported injection of optimism throughout the club that TH and a few with links have reported.

Add to that Uefa asking the announcement to be delayed, heck even coupled with a silence from Uefa, which, as crudely cynical as it sounds, to me there is a nugget of truth behind that throwaway joke.

As i say, that is what i believe, at this point. Largely, because i really want to, and particularly, because it does make some sense, and does add up to an extent (or coincides quite neatly).

Last edited:
Saw some post related to the confidence factor. One would be confident if they had a strong case and possess the legal expertise we do. For this reason I am confident and positive that we would come through.

Even if appeal goes against us, we still have forums to fight our case. Worst case scenario that can be expected is a one year ban

I hope you're right, but playing Devil's Advocate, you could also argue that Guardiola is deliberately taking that stance, because if the ban is upheld, he can turn to the media, and claim that he's been misled by the City hierarchy. (and to be fair, I wouldn't blame him, because I'd feel the same way)

Juventus like this post

It is in their rule book. They definitely let both parties know before. That is not debatable at all.

How far in advance, that is.

In their procedure, they say the three judges recommend the outcome, the president decides it. And then it states that they notify both parties. So, if you wanted to, which i do, you Could read into that that both parties know as soon as the president signs the decision. Which, again, i want to, would coincide with CAS releaskng the date the decision will be made public. Which, happens to coincide with a burst of bravado reported around the club, by pep and behind the scenes.

That of course is pure speculation (fucking contagious this positivity optimism malarkey isnt it). But the fact that they let both party know in advance is in fact, de facto and ipso facto, a fact.
Facts don't matter for a lot of people in the media or on here for that matter...

Many of the G14, like United and Liverpool have infiltrated positions of authority, not just in football, Uefa, FIFA, FA, PL, etc. but the media, referee's, and even some governments to ensure their self interest is maintained.

My biggest concern about CAS is will it be possible to get a fair and independent decision? Have the G14 spread tentacles into CAS yet?

Saw some post related to the confidence factor. One would be confident if they had a strong case and possess the legal expertise we do. For this reason I am confident and positive that we would come through.

Even if appeal goes against us, we still have forums to fight our case. Worst case scenario that can be expected is a one year ban

Oh great the one year option hasn't been mentioned for 200 posts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.