UEFA FFP investigation - CAS hearing set for 8/9/10th June (poll added)

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by razman, 7 Mar 2019.

?

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

This poll will close on 10 Jun 2020 at 10:27 PM.
  1. Two-year ban upheld

25 vote(s)
    7.4%
  2. Ban reduced to one year

91 vote(s)
    26.8%
  3. Ban overturned and City exonerated

198 vote(s)
    58.4%
  4. Other

25 vote(s)
    7.4%
  1. Saddleworth2

Saddleworth2

I think the club got that right on two different levels. They get CAS warmed up and in the right mindset for any subsequent appeal. They make it clear to Uefa that we aint going to take any more shit and we have a lot of mud to sling.

KS55, Golden Silva and CC1 like this.
  2. hello

hello

To be fair everyone is aware that our PR management is shit which is why every opinion of casual or non football fans is that city are cheating twunts, and that hasn't been addressed in the slightest in over a decade so that to me says shes either lazy or incompetent, so inferring lazy was actually a kindness on my part ;-)

3. lancs blue

lancs blue

Also I think it was a kind of pre-emptive strike to force UEFA to have their methods scrutinised by CAS in advance of any future appeal against sanctions.

KS55 likes this.

ADVERTISEMENT

4. Newman Noggs

Newman Noggs

And to ensure that no further documents could be manufactured after July 19.

5. maurizio

maurizio

I really don't understand how they came to the conclusion that we have committed an offence serious enough to reopen the case and have us banned. The UEFA leaks (just after we won the league) implied that we had misled the original investigations and our owner had been secretly supplying large amounts of money. That can't be through the Etisalat and Aarbaar, IIRC sponsorships, they must mean the Etihad deal. But that's fair value and part of the settlement. It seems as though the Abu Dhabi Executive Council underwriting the Etihad deal is the problem. One of our directors discussing how to fund the sponsorship according to the email in Der Spiegel. But even if that email is legit, it was accepted as fair value so we didn't need to declare it a related party, so we didn't mislead?

6. CC1

CC1

this whole issue seems to have been kept under wraps. Probably for reasons over your head - unless you are a PR guru in the know about all City related issues. I’m also sure she takes her instructions from the board rather than the “knowFA” fans.

7. Marvin

Marvin

This is the nature of legal disputes. Claims and counter claims. But is the process fair, the reporting certainly isn't. They just repeat the allegations, they never view the argument from City's angle which is what we do.

8. ancoats

ancoats

i still feel that the liverpool hacker thing tapping into our account and scouting reports have a big deal on both uefa and them ?? a hacker leaked the story about emails having details of city paying money into another accounts ??? its funny how the liverpool hacker was found out ?? and why did we (city) settle out of court ? because the book would have been thrown at liverpool and big troubles in what they did even, it could even end up with demotion to a lower league with breaking rules

liverpool have so much power in euerope and with uefa board so maybe a deal was struck and its why we settled out of court

9. lancs blue

lancs blue

Yes I'm sure any suggested action that Vicki Kloss recommends regarding the media would need to be authorised higher up the management ladder.

10. ZanteWeatherman

ZanteWeatherman

Team supported:
    Manchester City
    o-hee-hoh ma leedl cheekens