UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive bern over this a few times. Tariq Panja is the NYTT journalist breaking these "stories". Panja started his journalist career at the Manchester Evening News, where he developed David Gill as a source I believe. Leaks are coming from a senior figure at UEFA and Leterme is quite insistent that they aren't coming from him or any other member of the CFCB. David Gill is not part of the CFCB so Leterme is technically correct that, if Gill is the one providing Panjs with information, the leaks aren't coming from that source.

Inadvertently therefore, by telling the truth, Leterme has made it quite clear who the potential source is.

That does open up another question though ? If Gill isn’t on the panel - where’s he getting his information from? UEFA don’t look very competent or professional however you look at this.

Ive bern over this a few times. Tariq Panja is the NYTT journalist breaking these "stories". Panja started his journalist career at the Manchester Evening News, where he developed David Gill as a source I believe. Leaks are coming from a senior figure at UEFA and Leterme is quite insistent that they aren't coming from him or any other member of the CFCB. David Gill is not part of the CFCB so Leterme is technically correct that, if Gill is the one providing Panjs with information, the leaks aren't coming from that source.

Inadvertently therefore, by telling the truth, Leterme has made it quite clear who the potential source is.

Certainly, if Leterme is telling the truth, he knows where the leak came from.

Well someone from within CFCB is talking to Gill or whoever it is leaking so im afraid the leaks do come from them.

That does open up another question though ? If Gill isn’t on the panel - where’s he getting his information from? UEFA don’t look very competent or professional however you look at this.
Without knowing the inner workings of UEFA it's difficult to say. Gill is UEFA Treasurer so may routinely have access to this sort of information or may have got it from someone involved in the investigation.

At the end of the day, Leterme isn't claiming that the leaks aren't coming from UEFA but only that they're not coming from the CFCB. As I've said, it's a careful choice of words.

I notice the BBC have now changed the story. They are a total embarrassment for a national broadcaster.

The headline in yesterdays Daily Telegraph (me mams not mine) was the top man at the BBC saying how scraping the licence fee would 'weaken the nation'. This bunch of no mark biased clowns don't deserve a penny from us.

Just checked Parry certainly was on the Board of the Cosmos - not sure if he still is.
It's an interesting link because Cosmos were shafted in their attempts to join the MLS when CFG started New York City FC. There has been a major row for years over NYCFC's attempt to get a new stadium (just resolved in recent weeks). There is no love lost between the clubs.

I am sure the leaks were probably indirect. Someone on the investigating committee spoke to someone high up at one of our commercial rivals and they spoke to someone down their food chain (probably in their Comms team) who passed it on to the New York Times and the Times. No footprints will be left anywhere.

I had even contemplated City were ones who did the leaking - a sort of very clever Coleen Rooney ploy?

Think about it...it may serve us more than UEFA if we have actually gamed this all out from the start?

Put it this way, if I was Tariq Panja at the NYT and it wasn't City who briefed him, then I would be ringing Khaldoon up and asking how much it would be worth for us to know?

I'm not being funny, but that's a multi-million pound pay day to leave any supposed 'journalistic integrity' at the door.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.