UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kicked in the nuts here aren't we??
Silva, Otamendi, Stones, Mendy, and Sane going would boost the coffers. Our aim should be to expedite Foden and Garcia so that in two seasons they are ready to win a title. Fuck the PL and CL for that period. Concentrate on restructure.
Beyond that? Aguero, Bernardo and Laporte I expect to be loyal. Jesus might get itchy feet and the big fear is Sterling and/or De Bruyne might have pressure due to status/skill/earnings to play CL. They genuinely are the two we need to keep. A suspended punishement is key in all of this so we can plan appropriately.
Pep should leave in the summer and I believe Rodgers or Pochettino could be ideal coaches to work with a weaker squad and bring through some youngsters.

This is the carrot Spurs United and Chelsea need to close the gap too. If we are banned, exepect them to sign a better player than us for 4 windows. After that it's going to be a different league outlook unfortunately.

Hello Sid.
My understanding from a podcast I've just listened to is as follows:
It seems that the ruling on the details of the judgement and our defence is down to the CAS, and CAS alone and there is no further appeal beyond CAS ( fits in with an earlier posting by @Tricky_Trev ).
However as I understood it if City are unhappy with result of the CAS appeal ruling they could ( under the 'public policy' grounds) appeal to the Swiss Federal Court that FFP is illegal in which case the UEFA ruling against City would become null and void.
This seems to fit in with City's pronouncements that we are going to fight this all way, because if the appeal process ended with CAS then City would not be able to pursue matters further.
One other thing - the lawyer on the podcast reckoned it could be about 15 months before the result of the CAS appeal was known.
As I say I'm not a lawyer, this is my understanding.
Hopefully all will become clear in the coming days.

Thank you so much for replying.

Im devastated at the news, although not shocked as clearly they have tried everything to kick us out.

What hurts more is the fact multiple times fans have been racist and all teams get is closed stadium, fines and no ban. Lets not forget the time our game was behind closed doors due to racism and then the game was reopened hours begore kickoff, Not allowing any of our own fans into the ground and the home side managed to get seats.

Its been clear from day 1 that they did not want us to be in the competition but to kick us out for 2 seasons when clubs have done far worse just shows the level fans, teams and officials hate us.

Im sure our owners have an Ace up their sleeves and honestly we need if, if we win this case then this could be a turnibg point for the CL. Lets hope our fans now show who we really are and make our ground a fortress it used to be at maine road, startibg with Real Madrid.

Me neither

Have to agree, I’ve said exactly the same thing. I’m in the scheme but whatever the outcome after this season I’m done. No way would UEFA allow city to win it this season. Anyone that thinks otherwise is deluded.

Messages were sent out - in some cases as soon as half an hour after the news - requesting players’ attend the meeting on Saturday lunchtime. Soriano wanted to brief them on the club’s plans following Uefa’s decision to ban the club from European competition. [
@TeleFootball

also being reported the deadline for the apeal is 10 days,seems very short to me

Thank you so much for replying.
If it takes 15months for an answer what happens with our ban? Surely we cant be banned until its been approved or dismissed? If they ban us next seasin and then a year on we win the case what happens then, no doubt we would lose Pep, and a few players would leave... so do we remain in the competition until the hearing is finalised

Messages were sent out - in some cases as soon as half an hour after the news - requesting players’ attend the meeting on Saturday lunchtime. Soriano wanted to brief them on the club’s plans following Uefa’s decision to ban the club from European competition. [
@TeleFootball

also being reported the deadline for the apeal is 10 days,seems very short to me

I’m sure City have all their ducks in a row and ammunition at the ready.
I hope we make them feel very uncomfortable and it gets their dirty laundry aired.

Kicked in the nuts here aren't we??
Silva, Otamendi, Stones, Mendy, and Sane going would boost the coffers. Our aim should be to expedite Foden and Garcia so that in two seasons they are ready to win a title. Fuck the PL and CL for that period. Concentrate on restructure.
Beyond that? Aguero, Bernardo and Laporte I expect to be loyal. Jesus might get itchy feet and the big fear is Sterling and/or De Bruyne might have pressure due to status/skill/earnings to play CL. They genuinely are the two we need to keep. A suspended punishement is key in all of this so we can plan appropriately.
Pep should leave in the summer and I believe Rodgers or Pochettino could be ideal coaches to work with a weaker squad and bring through some youngsters.

This is the carrot Spurs United and Chelsea need to close the gap too. If we are banned, exepect them to sign a better player than us for 4 windows. After that it's going to be a different league outlook unfortunately.
Jesus does not want to leave. He wants to usurp Aguero.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.